Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgrmd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 392
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 6 screen color/tone flickering

After recent updates (early July 2019) through Lenovo Vantage and Windows Updates, my screen color/tone flickers constantly, especially more so when it is connected to power.

Here is a video of my laptop demonstrating the flickering: https://youtu.be/FW1WvNMW3FM

I have scoured through screen brightness, night light, screen contrast, energy saving options, reinstalled Intel HD Graphics driver, etc etc through control panel trying to troubleshoot it myself but to no solution. 

Please help!

Shimon11
What's DOS?
Views: 340
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 6 screen color/tone flickering

I have the same exact problem.

Lenovo technician updated the operating system and windows 10. Thereafter replaced the mother board. However, the problem still exists - screen flickers and turns off with no prior warning.

Very frustrating as this is a new Carbon X1 6 GNE.

Any suggestions?

think_gde
What's DOS?
Views: 199
Message 3 of 5

Same here, the problem start this July and it happen each time there is a connection/deconnection with bluetooth and/or wifi. It switch to blueish and back to yellowish (my usual setting)

I have an X1 extreme.

Edvard
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 176
Message 4 of 5

No issues on X1C6 20KH. WIN10-64 with all power saving settings in Intel Graphics Control Panel set to disabled.

esbi09
What's DOS?
Views: 134
Message 5 of 5

The Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 (available through Windows Update) should set things right. After updating the issue seems to have been fixed, at least for now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors