Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 7/8 No Internet Over Dock Ethernet

2021-07-21, 21:34 PM

Hello! 

I have a strange consistent issue with a few of my X1's. Either upon redocking, awaking from sleep, or returning from desk I'll remain connected to the LAN but lose internet connection. It'll be completely random when it happens either a couple of hours or day. I can ping anything connected to the LAN and the connection to all my network drives still work, but I can't ping google nor get anything else to load on a browser. When I release and renew my IP with ipconfig the connection restores but then ceases to work a few minutes later. When I release and renew again, it resumes working but again drops. If I connected via wifi the internet works, again.

When I uninstall and reinstall the drivers the internet works again but then a couple of day later the problem pops up again, we're I'm connected to the lan but can't get internet. I even put someone else on a new dell dock and the issue also popped up again. 

Any ideas what it could be or what I should try next? Some have not had this issue while others are consistently experiencing it. 

Options

2613 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

195 Signins

13155 Page Views

• Views: 13155
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 7/8 No Internet Over Dock Ethernet

2021-07-22, 5:10 AM

Hello BostonCeltics,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

I suggest that you share the machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help us detail more about your machine variant.
It would also help running diagnostics.
Update us how it goes.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 7/8 No Internet Over Dock Ethernet

2021-07-22, 16:42 PM

I ran the diagnostics for the wired ethernet and it keeps failing even thought I'm online and connected. I can't seem to figure out why? I'm connected through the wired ethernet connection with the 40AS dock on the thunderbolt port. 

Diagnostics

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)