Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
San_28
Not applicable
Views: 550
Message 31 of 35

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen6 and issues with Thunderbolt 3 dock

The paperclip worked for my X1 Yoga Gen 3 as well for my morning scare. I switched on my computer this morning, which is hooked up to a TB3 dock and no joy. My Yoga is brand new - not even a month old. I thought it must be the dock acting up. But sure enough, I saw the TB Software crashing continuously. Then I saw that the charging light was lit even with the dock disconnected.

Used the the paperclip to sort out the TB3 issue. Then went ahead and looked for a TB3 firmware upgrade and sure enough, it was there. Have installed it and will see how I get on.

Funnily enough, I, too, had used the Lenovo Vantage before going to the actual website. The app gave me a few updates but not the TB3 firmware update. How do you guys reckon that was the case? Should I not be trusting the System Update app, as it can be a lot of busy work to look for driver updates manually.

Thanks, for all the advice, guys. I hope the issue does not come back after the TB3 firmware update.

Cheers!

Slovo1
Not applicable
Views: 354
Message 32 of 35

Tried basically all solutions mentioned here, now at a point my laptop doesn't recognize the docking station at all. The docking station does recgonize other similar laptops and works relatively well. I've updated all drivers using this link but still not working. The docking station connectivity did go on-and-off for a few weeks before it totally stopped today. Any idea? 

The Docking is the Lenovo USB-C Dock

My laptop is THINKPAD-X1-YOGA-TYPE-20JD-20JE-20JF-20JG

Thoughts?

Slovo1
Not applicable
Views: 352
Message 33 of 35

Maybe I'm missing something, which Paperclip?
bananaman
Not applicable
Views: 336
Message 34 of 35

The Emergency Reset button, in a small hole on the bottom of the laptop, operated using something like a paperclip. Unplug the AC adapter and press. Location shown in the User Guide:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
frodik
Not applicable
Views: 282
Message 35 of 35

Hi,

I also have a problem with my Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen6 (Win10) and the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock. I have one dock at home (connected to two monitors) and one dock at work (connected to a single monitor). 

When I hibernate the computer and switch from one dock to the other it will not resume from hibernation. It just freezes and sometimes gives a blue screen but it doesn't restart - i have to do a hard reset. However if I try to resume from hibernation before connecting to a dock, everything works. I also had no problems while using a single dock.

No relevant records found in the Event Log.

BIOS: N23ET59W 1.34
X1 Carbon Gen6: 20KH006JSC
Both Docks are 40AC0135EU models

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors