Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prof94115
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,468
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad X1 Carbon Has Poor Quality Control

I recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (5th Generation) from Lenovo.com. After reading all the great reviews from several web sites, I thought I was buying a high quality, high performance laptop. The first Thinkpad X1 Carbon shipped to me in August 2017 had a faulty letter key that rendered the keyboard useless. Under the 30 day warranty, I sent it back and was shipped a replacement in late September 2017. After only TWO MONTHS of use, the screen on the second Thinkpad X1 Carbon has died. Lenovo Tech Support can't resolve the problem and Lenovo Customer Support won't replace the second laptop as it is beyond the 30 day warranty. They want me to send it back for repair but I have no faith that this laptop will work for long, even after repair. I truly regret buying a Lenovo as I am now stuck with this expensive unreliable Thinkpad X1 Carbon. Being sent TWO defective laptops from Lenovo certainly shows their lack of quality control. I also regret not purchasing from Costco where there is a 90 day return policy but, unfortunately, the laptop configuration I ordered was not available there.

Prof94115
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,386
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon Has Poor Quality Control

On site repair sent by Lenovo yesterday could not get the Thinkpad X1 Carbon to work. I requested a refund but Lenovo Customer Support Escalation said a refund is IMPOSSIBLE. Any ideas on what to do next?
Prof94115
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,324
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon Has Poor Quality Control

After my filing a claim through the Better Business Bureau in North Carolina (where Lenovo North American headquarters are located), Lenovo will be issuing me a refund. I will not be purchasing another Lenovo laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors