Did you mean: 
watergal
Blue Screen Again
Views: 97
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad X1 Carbon "turns on" middle of night

Hi All,

Have a weird issue with my laptop.

I fully shut it down at night and watch for the flashing power button light to go off before I head to bed.

But 5 days out of 7 when I wake up in the morning, the power light is pulsing as if the laptop has only gone to sleep mode, or is starting up by itself to run some programs or something in the middle of the night and then going to sleep mode.

I have tried leaving the cover open, or closing it down (all after making sure the light goes off), makes no difference.

Is this supposed to be normal? If not, any advice as to what is causing this and how can I stop it? 

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 80
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon "turns on" middle of night

Hello and welcome,

You don't say which generation Carbon you have.  My X1 Yoga Gen 4 - and I suspect the latest Carbon - has a Lenovo "feature" called Smart Standby.  It was enabled by default on my machine and included a sort of "wake to sleep mode" at 6AM.

I'm not handy to the machine just now to hunt it down but if you have a Gen 7 have a look in settings.  If you have an earlier Carbon (or even if you don't) something else may be going on.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors