Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eyser
Paper Tape
Views: 859
Message 1 of 8

Thinkpad X1 Carbon warranty

Hi , 
I want to buy a new laptop and I found an ad for X1 Carbon. 
When I asked about warranty he told me that he doesnt have any documents from the laptop and  that he lost them together with the original packaging when he moved to a different house, but that the warranty is valid with just the serial number from the laptop. 
Can you confirm this is true ??

Support for that serial number says:

Base Warranty Status : In Warranty, expires , 2019-03-06

tfandango
Punch Card
Views: 833
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thinkpad X1 Carbon warranty

Hey Eyser,

Yes, it is my understanding that the warranty follows the computer even if ownership changes.  I have heard of people who bought broken machines on ebay, found out they were still under extended warranty, and had them repaired for free.  That's quite a few years of warranty, it's worth several hundred dollars probably, depending on the options.

Eyser
Paper Tape
Views: 822
Message 3 of 8

Yeah , I hope you are right, I just need official confirmation ...

I wouldn't want to have something happen to it and then not be able to get it fixed because I dont have a receipt :/

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 803
Message 4 of 8

You do need a receipt if it was bought from a store since lending a laptop to the store that will then forward it to a certified Lenovo repair will reject your request due to no recipt so you need one if this was bought from store. Since lending them pc without receipt will get them to tell you that without receipt will only show no evidence that you bought the laptop off them so that's why you need a receipt it proves them that this laptop was purchased off them and that you want a warranty repair.

Eyser
Paper Tape
Views: 778
Message 5 of 8

But what if I take it or send it directly to a certified Lenovo shop ?

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 775
Message 6 of 8

well some times lenovo or manufacture wont accept that way for odd reason :/ that's why sending it to the store where it's bought from will be able to prove manufacture this laptop was bought and not stolen and so on, risks is lenovo may think it's stolen who knows, due to previous owner my have warranty info registered on himself.

tfandango
Punch Card
Views: 754
Message 7 of 8

This question has been asked before.

If it's a Lenovo warranty it should go with the machine. 

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 752
Message 8 of 8

well i still doubt thats how it work since when i bought my lenovo it asked me to sign up at lenovo and when i did that i saw warranty was written on me as the owner so problem is if person who buys a lenovo off some 1 else and then repair place validates the warranty and they see diffirent owner on it then they will probably think laptop is stolen and would begin to report it to police and then contact the owner about their laptop is stolen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors