05-26-2019 04:18 AM
I have this issue occured to me a couple of days ago. I have tried to reinstall the wifi driver with the latest one from Intel here. But this didn't work back then. Out of nowhere on May 20th (I look at the installation history!) I opened Lenovo Vantage and saw that there were updates available, which were:
Of course I just installed them all. Apparently this did clear the issue with the wifi not working and everything runs smoothly. But as of today May 26th the same issue happens again, right after I unplugged my laptop from power source. I think it went to sleep mode while I carry it around.
Why is this happening? I search around the forum, but rather unclear on how to fix this issue. I tried the solution here, but that didn't work. It asked me to downgrade the firmware and after I entered Y, the window just closed without any changes being made. I tried to reinstall the other driver version from Intel, this also didn't work. Is there any clear solution to this issue?
I now have to connect my phone and share the wifi through usb to access this forum. Seriously? This should be a premium laptop.
05-26-2019 08:34 PM
Welcome to the Community,
If the issue happen after waking up the laptop from sleep, try the steps below:
1. Open Device Manager https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4026149/windows-open-device-manager
2. Expand Network Adapters and right click on the Wireless LAN Driver.
3. Select Properties, and under Power Management, uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power box, then select OK.
Here are some of the steps that we also try and check if it'll work https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht077344
Update us how it goes.
06-20-2019 02:46 AM
I'm coming back with an update on this issue. After doing all of the steps you provided months ago, the issue persists.
This issue never happen when the laptop is plugged in. But once I plugged it out, this issue certainly (yes certainly not probably) happen in some conditions:
1. A while after plugged out while I'm using it. I can't say for certain how long, a couple of minutes more or less.
2. When the screen is off, but not sleeping.
3. When the lid is closed, but not sleeping.
4. After sleep.
From what I noticed most of the time it happens on the third condition. The solutions I got so far for this problem are:
1. Never plugged out the charging (Am I buying a laptop or desktop?).
2. Uninstall the driver and delete it. Reinstall. Turn off the laptop. Turn it back again. After that hoping for it to be fixed, if not restart again until it is fixed (How many restart until it's fixed you ask? I'm not sure at all).
Until now there is no new update to the driver whatsoever, or any solid solution to this problem.
08-21-2019 12:19 AM
I got the same problem even I have power plugged in. The wireless AC 9560 just suddenly not working which also break the bluebooth too also everyday.
Can Lenovo look into it seriously and quickly?
08-21-2019 08:48 AM
I got the same problem till last week. please try this.
1. at device manager, uninstall intel wireless with delete the driver for this device.
2. shutdown and boot up again.
3. if your wifi working (hopefully), do not ever update its driver. use the default. my version is 18.104.22.168 as of 20/03/2018.
I've never got the problem since last Friday. Even I try to unplug, wait to the laptop sleep, or press it sleep or play on battery more than 30 minutes, my wifi's still working. Hope this can help you
08-21-2019 09:02 AM
I was facing the same issue on the wifi. It was breaking down constatnly and when it does it shows a yellow ! on the device manager list. REcently it completely disappeared from the list and still is even after a fresh windows 10 installation.