Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdlubold
What's DOS?
Views: 236
Message 1 of 8

Thinkpad X1 Extreme display issues

I've have an X1 Extreme, for less than a month, and consistently had BSOD issues when or just shutdowns that seem to be revolving around the video drivers. I then upgraded my video drivers and now my secondary montior will not work. This is just awful. Wish Lenovo would actually make sure these laptops actually work before shipping them out. I've had over 50 BSOD in less than 30 days. Thoughts? Do I need to reinstalled and start fresh?

noUsernameplz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 226
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thinkpad X1 Extreme display issues

Wow seems like Lenovo have really skipped a lot of quality control tests in X1 Extreme, My X1E also has faced 80+ restarting issues but doesn't show BSOD while rebooting. do you also have that kernel power 41 event in the event viewer? also check your windows build version (from msinfo32) and make sure that the driver downloaded from the lenovo support matches the build number.
gdlubold
What's DOS?
Views: 221
Message 3 of 8

I do have 41 errors in my Event log. I just spoke with Lenovo support and this is apparently a known issue and a potentially bad system board that I will now need to ship my laptop back to them for them to fix. Good times. 

noUsernameplz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 184
Message 4 of 8

lucky you, I'm currently out of their service zone and cannot communicate with them whatsoever forget about claiming the warranty they are not even replying my mails. I hope your issue gets fixed as soon as possible.
Wendel
802.11n
Views: 182
Message 5 of 8

I too have been consistently having Event 41 errors/reboots. Did Lenovo give you any more information about replacing your main board? Before I call, I would like to know if there's a case number or other ID number for this problem that I can give to the support person I talk to. Thank you for your help.

freakwave10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 152
Message 6 of 8

Same here, I have the machine now for more than 6 months and have regular blue screens. On average I would say 2 times a week.

Never have this on other machines. Please let us know if your board replacement works.

Also system will quite often not resboot and is just stuck in the init phase.

Thanks,

Wolfgang

jfong111
Punch Card
Views: 62
Message 7 of 8

Did replacing the system board work for you? I'm also having a few issues with my X1 extreme. And this is one of them.
gdlubold
What's DOS?
Views: 59
Message 8 of 8

I haven't sent it in yet as this is my work machine and have needed it but it is starting to become a really be nusance so I will eventually have to suck it up and send it back so they can attempt to fix it. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors