AU

5 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad X1 Extreme not working with Thunderbolt 3 dock

2019-11-22, 21:13 PM

I have a Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 1.

I love my laptop, its has enough grunt for kids to even play games.

I wanted to setup this with docking station.

So called up Lenovo asking which docking would be compatible with this.

They advised to get 40AN0170AU.

Got my dock yesterday and plugged it in.

did all the firmware updated BIOS security Level 0 for thunderbolt as advised in User Guide.

All seems to be working except two issues.

Can't start the Laptop with button on the dock and external monitor not getting recognised.

The monitor works fine when I plug it directly to the Laptop but doesn't work via the Dock

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad X1 Extreme not working with Thunderbolt 3 dock

2019-11-25, 21:56 PM

Hi Kyngstar! Welcome to our forums community. What is the color of the power button on the docking station when you turn it on and the laptop is connected? Try booting to BIOS. Follow the instruction here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500222. Once you're under BIOS, kindly enable the power on with the AC attach. Please refer to the photo below.

What is the connection between the external display to the laptop and from the external display to the dokcing station? Base on the product reference, you can connect to a maximum of 3 external displays. With a maximum resolution of 5K at 60Hz through the Thunderbolt while 4K at 60Hz through the HDMI.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save