US

12 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad X1 Gen 7 and Thunderbolt Dock

2020-02-13, 16:16 PM

Hi:

I have a new Thinkpad X1 Gen 7 for 2 months now and am quite happy with it.  However, I have a problem, I can't seem to figure out:  When the laptop is connected to Lenovo Thunderbolt dock, it cannot boot; It just gets stuck at the Bios Lenovo logo.  But if I remove the thunderbold cable from the dock, reboot and reconnect the cable after Windows is booted, every device connected to the dock work fine.  I have update all the drivers and firmware to the latest versions.

I have Premium support and the technician think the motherboard is defective and suggested that I change the motherboard.  Somehow, I doubt that this is a problem.  Does anyone have the same problem and/or a solution?

Thank you in advance,

Options

0 Posts

02-13-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad X1 Gen 7 and Thunderbolt Dock

2020-02-13, 18:59 PM

My issue sounds the same. I also have an X1 G7 with the TB3 Gen2 dock. If I connect to the dock, then press the power button on either the laptop or the dock, it won't ever boot. I unplug the TB cable briefly, and then it will show the Lenovo logo, and continue booting. At that point I can plug it back in and everything is fine (although sometimes it won't charge, and othertimes USB peripherals won't work).

It's been a pain, and if there's a real fix I'd love to see it!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete