cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomasmiao
Fanfold Paper
Views: 530
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad X1 YOGA 2nd Gen LCD Touchscreen Replacement issues (Part # or FRU)

Hi, I got a X1 Yoga 2nd Gen laptop (20JD) for my daughter and it was dropped to ground at school. The LCD cracked and touchscreen was not functional any more.

I looked up Lenove website and the part number is 01AX897 and there are some pictures showing that the FRU is 00NY441, this confuses me a lot when I try to source the right screen for replacement. what is the difference between part number (01AX897) and FRU 00NY441.

When I tell the sellers that the part number 01AX897 and most of them do not know and some of them say they sent me the photo showing the FRU 00NY441 for confirmation. I search FRU00NY441 and the results are for X1 Carbon 4th Generation. and some of this FRU number have options of non-touch.

I cannot find any information regarding the replacement of X1 Yoga 2nd Gen Lcd replacement from youtube or google.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 520
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad X1 YOGA 2nd Gen LCD Touchscreen Replacement issues (Part # or FRU)

Are you planning to replace it yourself?  I believe that 00NY441 is the panel, but you cannot use that.  The panel is bonded to the digitizer and the bezel.  They cannot be installed separately.

01AX897 is the assembly that has the panel bonded to the digitizer and bezel.  That's what I think you need.  I prefer to take it apart and examine it before I buy anything.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Thomasmiao
Fanfold Paper
Views: 480
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your quick reply, I believe your answer is correct.

if the seller tells me that he got a FRU00NY441 LCD Panel with digitizer+frame, this should be the right one I am looking for. I will call Lenovo to confirm.

It is not good that I only need a digitizer (touchscreen) but Lenovo want you to buy an assembly. just like apple's iphone screen.

if any one have tutoral for replacing the LCD Screen for TPY X1 2nd Generation, please let me know.

Thanks a lot/

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 472
Message 4 of 4

You cannot attach the digitizer to the screen or remove the old one.  It is not that they WANT you to buy something.  They are glued together in a clean room

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors