01-03-2019 10:51 PM
I recently updated my BIOS for this laptop to the current version (1.40), and now I'm having problems with the stability of my system (god do I regret it). I used this update utility here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds111756
Now, whenever I start up my system, a Thinkvantage screen pops up briefly, followed by a screen that says "(A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed". I can manage to boot into either OS I have on here after that. But, when I put the laptop into sleep mode, upon waking it will just have a blank screen, followed by 4 beeps in short succession of each other, 4 times. The only way to get past this is to power down the laptop via holding the power button, and then rebooting back into the same instance of behavior described above.
I haven't had much luck finding any solutions, and I'm a little afraid to try anything since I don't want to completely brick my system. Looking for any suggestions, please. Thank you for your time.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-04-2019 07:05 AM
I haven't had this problem on my X1 Yoga 1st gen but these are the troubleshooting steps that I would try.
1. reboot and Press F1 to enter BIOS setup, then press F9 to load setup defaults and F10 to save/exit
2. if problem still not fixed, go back into BIOS setup, Security -> UEFI BIOS Update Option menu, and change "Secure Rollback Prevention" to Disabled. F10 to save/exit. Then boot to Windows and try to flash back to the previous BIOS version which you can get from here and scroll to the bottom: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds111756
3. If problem still not fixed, try to re-flash the ME firmware which you can get here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS112240
01-04-2019 07:51 AM
Thank you for the reply, someotherguy.
I tried what you said in #1 already, but gave it another try to no avail. For #2, I tried a rollback to BIOS version 1.39, and this did not work. Should I try any other previous versions before trying option #3?
01-04-2019 07:55 AM
When you said rollback to 1.39 did not work. Do you mean that the rollback was successful but the problem still happens? Or that you could not successfully rollback to 1.39?
01-04-2019 09:09 AM
I was successfully able to flash back to version 1.39 of the BIOS, but the problem still persists. When viewing the diagnostics splashscreen, it now says BIOS version is 1.39 instead of 1.40.
01-04-2019 10:31 AM
01-04-2019 10:39 AM
Please try this:
1. open a command prompt as administrator
2. enter this command: cd \drivers\win\me
3. enter this command: notepad meupdate.cmd
4. scroll down to the bottom and delete the line that says "Shutdown.exe -r -t 10" (this is the line that causes the computer to reboot)
5. save the file
6. enter this command: meupdate.cmd
Take a screenshot of the output and post it here