cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradricketts
What's DOS?
Views: 58
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 1st Gen - Every power up goes to a black screen with a mouse cursor

Hi,

I have a X1 Yoga 1st Gen that will boot after being shut down into a black screen with just a mouse cursor visible.  It will sit at this screen forever until power down completely, then power up again.  After this power down=>up cycle, the OS will go a blue loading page, and sit there for about 2-3 minutes.  At the end of this 2-3 minute wait the computer will boot into the OS.

To show the problem more clearly:

1.  From shut down power on the computer

2.  The computer will appear to boot into Windows, but instead will go to a black screen with a mouser cursor.  You can move the mouse cursor so the computer is not completely locked, but it will not go any further.

3.  Completely shut down, then turn on again.  After doing this the computer will boot into a blue screen with a Please Wait message on it for at least 2-3 minutes.  When this step is completed you will be taken to the login screen.

I am running Windows 10, and am fully up to date with all updates, and the system drivers have been updated to their most recent versions. 

Any idea about what I should do from here?

Thank you,

Brad Ricketts

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors