Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vdog27
What's DOS?
Views: 585
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 1st gen touchpad driver problem

This is meant as a bug report. Hopefully someone from Lenovo is reading this.

I have a ThinkPad Yoga X1 (1st gen). A few days ago, the System Update utility updated the touchpad driver to version 19.3.4.119. I'm having 2 issues:

1) I do not use my touchpad and therefore disable it. However, every time my machine comes out of sleep or reboots, the touchpad is re-enabled. I disable it "correctly" by going to (Start Menu) -> (Mouse Settings) -> (Additional Mouse Options) -> (ThinkPad tab) -> Uncheck "Enable touchpad".

Mouse properties.PNG

2) If I enable the touchpad and click the settings button next to "Enable touchpad", the Synaptics Control Panel window appears. This window is very unresponsive. And when I click on the "Click" tab, I get repeated errors that "The parameter value is invalid."

Synaptics control panel.PNG

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver to no avail. I cannot find an older version of the driver at Lenovo's website.

Please fix.

mattb4
What's DOS?
Views: 536
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga 1st gen touchpad driver problem

I'm having the same problem since yesterday.  I get the repeated errors "The parameter value is invalid." on the "Click" tab of the Synaptics Control Panel.  I'm also unable to make any changes to the settings in the "Scroll" panel.  I prefer to reverse two finger scrolling but since this update, I am unable to.  Please fix ASAP Lenovo if you're monitoring this thread.  Thanks.

mattb4
What's DOS?
Views: 530
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga 1st gen touchpad driver problem

Rolling the driver back to 19.3.4.112 seems like a temporary fix.  Device Manager > Mice and other Pointing Devices > Synaptics Pointing Device > Properties.  On the Driver tab select "Roll Back Driver"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors