Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NJGLEN
Punch Card
Views: 207
Message 131 of 134

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen (2017) OLED screen flickering on low brightness

We have replaced close to 400 screens out of nearly 1000 purchased. Thankfully the vendor covers these under warranty. The flicker also extends to lines on the panel which don’t do away. 

Weve also replaced over 100 cooling fans as they have been wearing out too. 

We’ve had none of these issues with the third Gen X1 Yoga. 

Fdemp
Paper Tape
Views: 121
Message 132 of 134

Hi all,

I promised to update you about the return of my X1 Yoga 2nd gen laptop, with the grey horizontal bar flickering on the bottom right side.  This is my second time returning to LENOVO the laptop with the same issue. The first time they replaced the OLED touch display, and the issue was fixed early 2018, until about 12 months later when it happened again this February 2019. I had to wait a while for the right time to send it back for repair, so it wasn't until early April that I finally was able to send it off. 

I have just received the laptop back from LENOVO (very quick turnaround in about 6 days), and all is working fine again. LENOVO replaced the OLED touch display, and the problem is apparently now resolved. So definitely a hardware issue. I have to say that the repair request process was done very well, and there was no hassle shipping it back to LENOVO (I have the extended warranty). 

I am again crossing my fingers that this OLED display is going to be the last one I need to fix. The X1 Yoga is a great machine and the OLED display is really awesome.

Hats off to Lenovo again for the quick repair.

Liverpud
Fanfold Paper
Views: 102
Message 133 of 134

You are lucky your turnaround was 6d. Mine is almost 1 mth now. As reported, my 3rd return. The communication has been poor. They sent me email 2 wks ago asking for case# or proof of my 2nd return. I sent them bk 1st and 2nd Service Repair Summaries. Since then, not even an acknowledgement that they received it. I told them that this ordeal seemed like "right out of candid camera". Luckily my laptop is used for pleasure not business. Obviously I am very disappointed and this will be my last Lenovo. Should not have bought one after IBM sold Lenovo. Under Chinese hands now, it is totally "unmanageable" and "clueless" as to what they are doing. Big lesson learned here. Thanks.

Highlighted
Fdemp
Paper Tape
Views: 98
Message 134 of 134

Wow Liverpud! I am finding it hard to believe we are talking about the same company dealing with the same problem. Talk about extremes! I guess things go sideways once you hit the 3rd return....LOL Smiley Wink

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors