cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myerss
Fanfold Paper
Views: 155
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen (20JD) Thunderbolt Controller missing, Connector not charging

We have 2 X1 Yoga 2nd Gen laptops that had the same issue. Thunderbolt failure that led to a missing thunderbolt controller and no longer charging.

Before anyone suggests

Things we have done:

pressed the reset button

unplugged the cmos battery

changed the battery completely

Downloaded new drivers but Thunderbolt controller is missing and can't update. (they are both dead so and I can't remember exactly what is going wrong)

Can't update firmware since we can't keep it on a charger as it wont charge.

Currently don't have a Yoga X1 Gen 2 doner laptop except my coworkers so he is haven't to swap the batter in and out to give it power to do more testing when he can.

I am assuming this is a full board replacement as they didn't seperate the Powerboard from the Mainboard unlike what they did with the Power switch which is on a seperate board....seems odd to me. Any doner board would come from a thirdparty and isn't something we are willing to do at this time.

I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem as this is 2 out of the 8 we bought that are completely dead. Any help would be greatfully apprecitated.

Thanks, S

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors