Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etompkins
Blue Screen Again
Views: 471
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen Not charging

I’ve troubleshooted as much as I could and thought I saved enough battery for implementing a solution once I found it but it is completely dead.

It seems that a lot of people across many models suddenly have an issue with charging and I noticed a firmware update for the charging port was released right before I started experiencing the issue but it would not let me install the update because it said I didn’t have any ports.

I need this computer for my profession and it’s been out of commission for a week or so now. I am desperate for a fix! Where is Lenovo Support?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 459
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen Not charging

The only firmware update I know about is for the docking station.  I don't think this is a general problem.  Are you still under warranty?  Many are. What is the condition of the battery.  Will it start on A/C?  Are you sure your charger is working?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
etompkins
Blue Screen Again
Views: 453
Message 3 of 7

I have multiple chargers I tried it on. Haven’t had an opportunity to test it on AC power. I don’t know if it’s still under warranty I’ve had it for over a year.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 440
Message 4 of 7

Some had 3-year warranty.  Check here:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
etompkins
Blue Screen Again
Views: 418
Message 5 of 7

Just checked the serial number and it’s out of warranty Smiley Sad

Stagg
Paper Tape
Views: 304
Message 6 of 7

I am having this same issue - I did recently install some updates (don't recall which, but they were through Lenovo Vantage), and now when plugging the power cable into the Thunderbolt ports the machine doesn't charge. No orange/green light, nothing. I've tried several different charges and the manual reset button underneath, none of which work.  I likewise use this machine for work and have to put all my current projects on hold until this issue is resolved, which is not good for business.

lordofthering
What's DOS?
Views: 261
Message 7 of 7

I am having same issue. Some of the forum thread suggest, I should change AC DC POWER JACK CABLE HARNESS for Laptop. I saw youtube video replacing this part. Seems doable. Anyone know what exact part number I need to buy ? I am not able to find exact part needed for my laptop. I am having below laptop:

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga (Gen 2)
Model E 20JE-X06800
S/N *

Thanks in Advance.

Moderator edit by bananaman: Masked serial number to prevent mischief.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors