Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiamiUser
Paper Tape
Views: 2,415
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen OLED display screen problems

Got new X1 Yoga 2nd Gen OLED, having problems with the display settings.  The screen colors are incredibly rich and the colors are borderline neon and strain the eyes after more than 15 minutes of use.  I finally found a way to reduce the neon glow by going to the Intel Graphic Settings and adjusting the color gamut option slider from vibrant to one step down toward natural colors.  The problem, is that after a the computer is put to sleep or restarted, it goes back to the neon colors.  Is there a way to get these settings to stay without having to change it every time I open up the computer?  

The display is amazing for viewing movies with super vibrant sharp colors, but when it's in vibrant factory settings its very bad.  The colors on webpages and onscreen keep increasing and decreasing in brightness randomly.  

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,300
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen OLED display screen problems

Dear MiamiUser,

ThinkPad development team tried to duplicate the symptom that Color Gamut value in Intel Gfx Control Panel cannot be kept when perform suspend/resume or restart, however, they could not success to duplicate the symptom. Color Gamut value is kept during suspend/resume or restart cycles.

In order to identify your environment, can you specify the Windows version and Gfx driver version you are using on your X1 Yoga 2nd?

Thank you.

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,270
Message 3 of 6

Dear MiamiUser,

After further investigation, we identified the Color Gamut change was kept on Intel HD Gfx Control Panel but actual gamut value was reset when perform suspend/resume or  restart actions.

We will work with Intel to provide the fix, however,  X1 Yoga 2nd OLED model offeres another method to adjust color profile.  Open "Lenovo Settings" and select "Display" tab at most left vertical selection menu, you will find various Display settings and find "COLOR SETTINGS" at middle of the scrolled page.   (refer to attached JPG file)

You can find 6 pre-defined color setting profiles and CUSTOM setting.  We confirmed this color settings are kept during suspend/resume or restart cycles so that you can find your prefered setting from those selections.

CharlyAR
802.11n
Views: 2,242
Message 4 of 6

Of course if you use this, Netflix won't work and it will start flickering...
_

ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen, ThinkPad X230, ThinkPad S430, ThinkPad T420, ThinkPad E420s, ThinkPad E10s

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,170
Message 5 of 6

Lenovo is also working to prepare the Gfx driver solution (target at late Sept.) which is expected to solve your experienced issue.

MiamiUser
Paper Tape
Views: 1,863
Message 6 of 6

I sent the computer for repair but it still has same problem.  It does not hold it's brightness and gamut.  I can have any website open, if i click around or move the browser, it switches from bright neon colors to muted colors.  I've tried everything, and it does not hold its brightness and contrast, very difficult to do any sort of photo editing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors