AT

3 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd black screen after BIOS update

2017-09-29, 19:13 PM

Hello,

Today I receaved my Thinkpad X1 Yoga 20JE and after I did a BIOS update the Yoga had a black screen. I followed the instructions of the BIOS update and the battery was fully loaded and the Yoga was connected to the power.
Now the screen is black and the LED in the power button is blinking green. The yoga is warm on the backside so it must be running. 

But I can't restart when I longpress the power button and the battery is inside so i can't put it out.

I also installed some other drivers with the Lenovo update tool and maybe windows did also update.

what could I do to make everything running again? 

Did I brick the BIOS? 

Options

10714 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39410 Signins

409137 Page Views

• Views: 409137
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd black screen after BIOS update

2017-09-29, 20:07 PM

So, when you press and hold the power button, it doesn't shut off?  It is a new machine, almost certainly with a warranty.  Don't mess with it.  Call support

Rich

To help with forum searches, check this out: https:/forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Using-Browser-Search-to-find-your-answers-in-Lenovo-and-Moto-Community/m-p/5016916

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save