Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MHasan112
What's DOS?
Views: 5,078
Message 1 of 8

Thinkpad X1 Yoga Battery

Hello

I am only able to utilize my battery for only three hours with standard usageand 50% brightness

I have a Core i7 machine with 16gb ram CPU 6600 with QHD OLED panel.

Can someone please guide me what could be the reason, is it a battery issue and can be replace under warranty?

Thanks

Beets
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,016
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga Battery

Hi MHasan112,  we had a problem with our X1 yoga battery life also, turned out to be the Wacom ISD driver (enhanced tablet driver), you can see that process using upto 50% of 1 cpu core,  which uses alot of power and before long the fan turns on using more power. After searching many blogs I found someone else had similar issue on another model 260, I downloaded new driver ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-28.exe  and this solved our problem.  we got driver from here

http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/

kudos goes to  articulate...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Wacom-Tablet-Service-for-ISD-Driver-Win...

Beets

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 4,998
Message 3 of 8

I decided to post here to let you know that installing the driver from Wacom solves other problems as well.

I had a problem with the Wacom driver that Lenovo is currently pushing out, 7.3.4.25. It fails to install, and the failure also cripples the touch and pen functionality completely. Windows Update also tries to install this, but fails. And pen and touch is not working in the meantime.

I downloaded 7.3.4.28 from Wacom directly, which installed correctly, and now my device is working again!

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52, X1 Yoga (1st gen) | YOGA C630 WOS
lobon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,782
Message 4 of 8

It does solve the unknown driver problem for Wacom on my Yoga. Very helpful.

MHasan112
What's DOS?
Views: 4,579
Message 5 of 8

Thank you very much indeed for the recommendation.

I am finnaly able to get more battery juide out of my device. 

However I am able to get around 4.5 hours on standard office application and browsing usage. 

Is it standard or there could be some issue?

Thanks again for the help and support.

cxp5621
Paper Tape
Views: 4,466
Message 6 of 8

Yes. It's nowhere near the 11 hrs advertised. I get 3.5 hrs at 50% cpu & 50% display. I have a standard display not even OLED. I expected to get at least 8 hrs; hence the reason I went with an X1 Yoga and not a Surface Pro tablet. I guess you might get at least 11 hrs if you leave it in sleep mode.

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,453
Message 7 of 8

50% CPU is a lot for normal, continual operation.  Is there something else eating cycles?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
cxp5621
Paper Tape
Views: 4,078
Message 8 of 8

If I restart my computer and open nothing other than the Task Manager, the CPU runs between 3–5%, screen is set to 50% brightness, and I get a reported battery life of under 5 hrs. I set the CPU to cap at 50%—I'm not running it continuously at 50%. As soon as I start working using MS office and web browser, it drops down to less 3.5 hrs. My Alienware 13" laptop gives me more battery life with an OLED display.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors