Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saz1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,581
Message 41 of 46

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga Fan Constantly Running

I have the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd Generation, and I am also experiencing the same problem. I have tried all the fixes and solutions but nothing worked, and I am really disappointed that Lenovo hasn't addressed this issue until now. I really regret moving from my old Dell laptop to this.

ThinkBox
Token Ring
Views: 1,572
Message 42 of 46

the best way will be ...make a  windows clean install..then all lenovo drivers with the lenovo system update software...and then...windows updates ..

adyh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,411
Message 43 of 46

Windows Wireless LAN Extensibility Framework often hogs CPU usage in excess of 20%. This in turn makes the fan run constantly. To check if this is possibly the issue, look in Task Manager for this service and see how much CPU % it's using. 

To resolve this specific issue, you need to disable then re-enable the WiFi adapter. In Win 10, go into Network Connections by right-clicking on the Windows Start icon. In Network Connections, click on Change Adapter options, right-click on the WiFi adapter, select disable, wait a few moments. You should hear the fan starting to slow. Re-enable the WiFi adapter. 

I have just done this and my fan has gone from running 100% to virtually zero.

Hope this helps.

Prac
Paper Tape
Views: 664
Message 44 of 46

Hi ThinkBox I installed tpfancontrol as you recommended on my X1 Yoga 1st gen. I opened the tpfanncontrol software. It is set on smart mode. The laptop fan stopped completely. Do you use a X1 Yoga? Did you have this problem too? The fan always working? If the laptop becomes hot would the fan start again?
ThinkBox
Token Ring
Views: 646
Message 45 of 46

no..i dont have any problems,,with the yoga first and second genaration..do you have the latest bios instaled...or try please to make bios to deafault settings and try then again..all schould works fine,,,on tpfan  auto settings etc..

best regards..

Prac
Paper Tape
Views: 637
Message 46 of 46

Yes I have done all that. The TPFan control has stopped the fan working all the time. In fact I haven't heard the fan working at all. I was worried the laptop may get hot under. But it doesn't. Amazing. Thank you. Then I thought maybe I should for once try the trick to disable and enable the wi-fi adapter per our friend's (Adyh - Paper Tape) recommendation. Adyh's comment is on 12/13/2017 just before my comment. So I uninstalled the TPFanControl and disabled and enabled the wi-fi adapter. The fan is still off. It looks its working. The laptop is not hot under. I am using the internet, documents and office 365 sync. I will wait a few days. If the fan stays off, I will not do anything else. If it starts again working non stop, then the solution is to reinstall the TPFanControl. Thank you ThinkBox and Adyh

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors