cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kepstein
What's DOS?
Views: 192
Message 21 of 26

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 3 Biometric sesnsor (fingerprint reader) missing from device manager

I'm having the same problem with the fingerprint sensor missing from the device manager. Phone support from Lenovo (in Atlanta) was not any help at all.  Did you send your laptop in for part replacement?

PouchBunny
Paper Tape
Views: 89
Message 22 of 26

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 3 Biometric sesnsor (fingerprint reader) missing from device manager

I bought the in-home repair with my warranty. Guy just left for the fourth visit, third wasn't really his fault since I didn't have my bitlocker info at the time. He was professional and was prompt in doing the repairs, however, after a new fingerprint reader, new mother board, second fingerprint reader and new cable...still not working. So I get to deal while at the beginning of a semester and will have to wait for May to decide to send in or ask about a replacement.

One of the many reasons I bought this model was because of the reader, but for now at least it's not stopping me from using it like normal just lost the security and conveinence. I'm curious if it's the BIOS or just really really shoddy fingerprint readers from whomever makes them for Lenovo.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 81
Message 23 of 26

@PouchBunny wrote:

I'm curious if it's the BIOS or just really really shoddy fingerprint readers from whomever makes them for Lenovo.

Same here. I also recently lost the FP reader functionality. I wonder if these just go bad? For a while I had this really odd effect where the white light near the reader would show, as in "fingerprint reader active", and as I would approach my finger, the light would go off before I even touched the reader. Not too long after this situation, the FP reader stopped showing the white light altogether, and it's no longer showing in the device manager.  

PouchBunny
Paper Tape
Views: 77
Message 24 of 26

Mine did the same thing before finally just stop working.

Highlighted
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 50
Message 25 of 26

@PouchBunny wrote:

Mine did the same thing before finally just stop working.

Which same thing? The light turning off when you approach your finger? 

Fwiw, in this thread one use had the FP reader spontaenously start working again. He/she concludes that it must be a software issue, but hardware issues can also be intermittent. I do hope someone finds a fix that doesn't involve sending the device in for service. 

PouchBunny
Paper Tape
Views: 40
Message 26 of 26

@joesixgig

Which same thing? The light turning off when you approach your finger? 

My apologies. Yes, the light turning off when I went to scan my finger. I thought that was really odd.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors