cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDPROG_RED
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,366
Message 11 of 36

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 3 Biometric sesnsor (fingerprint reader) missing from device manager

Hey someotherguy

Thanks for the response! I checked and it's enabled on the I/O, and when I reset dinner print data, it said that there was none.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,351
Message 12 of 36

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 3 Biometric sesnsor (fingerprint reader) missing from device manager

@CDPROG_RED wrote:

Hey someotherguy

Thanks for the response! I checked and it's enabled on the I/O, and when I reset dinner print data, it said that there was none.

What do you mean "said there was none".  If BIOS says there's no fingerprint device connected when you try to reset the fingerprint data, it means there's a hardware problem and the machine needs warranty service.

CDPROG_RED
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,346
Message 13 of 36

Sorry for the confusion. It told me there was no fingerprint data.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,339
Message 14 of 36

@CDPROG_RED wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. It told me there was no fingerprint data.

Can you do it again and post a picture of it?  I don't think there is a message like "no fingerprint data".

CDPROG_RED
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,336
Message 15 of 36

You're absolutely right sir. Looks like I'm gonna have to send it in 😓.

Do you have any idea what the turnaround is? Also will I need to pay shipping?

CDPROG_RED
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,335
Message 16 of 36

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,332
Message 17 of 36

@CDPROG_RED wrote:

You're absolutely right sir. Looks like I'm gonna have to send it in 😓.

Do you have any idea what the turnaround is? Also will I need to pay shipping?

Yes, this message means that it's a hardware problem that needs to be repaired.  It may be that a cable/connector came loose, or it may be that the fingerprint sensor is broken.  You'll have to contact the support team to find out what the options are for repair.  I'm sorry that I can't help further from the forum.

Mingyaang
What's DOS?
Views: 3,253
Message 18 of 36

Hi, 

Could you tell me what happened afterwards?
Because currently I have the exact same problem on the exact same laptop, the fingerprint scanner simply randomly stopped working and I've done various things like reinstall drivers yet it still refuses to work.

MaryJoJo
What's DOS?
Views: 3,233
Message 19 of 36

I have had the exact same problem (no fingerprint reader).  Here are the Pros:Cons

Pro:I sent my machine in and they turned it around in 3 days (Shipped Monday, returned Thursday). 

Cons:HOWEVER, they said they replaced it but it still doesn't work (never worked except the first 2 weeks of ownership back in April).  My mouse performance also is funny (will become unresponsive and drift across the screen for 1-2 s).  Last time I called about either I was accidentally disconnected after giving all of my info and they never followed up.

I can't believe this thread is marked "solved".  I sent in my machine and it is still broken.  Nothing solved using this solution.  My solution as of now - go without a fingerprint reader and often use an external mouse.  Not great for a $2200 machine.  I, myself, have owned 5 lenovo PCs.  This might be my last.

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 3,164
Message 20 of 36

I had the same issue and in my case it was the cable -- they initially replaced the sensor, didn't fix the problem, next time they sent a new cable as well and that made it show up again.

That all said, it's simply back to a "not really working" state. See this thread I started a long time ago, but based on very recent posts there it appears that there is some known hardware issue with the sensors. I'm trying to figure out when those that say the problem has been fixed got their sensors replaced as mine was replaced a while back due to the issue on this thread but I still have problems.

I think this is marked solved because the OP's original request was it didn't show up in device manager -- not that it doesn't actually recognize fingerprints well. I'd encourage those with issues recognizing your fingerprint to hop on the other thread, where I've specifically marked it as Not Solved.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors