Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-10-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 3 - Touchscreen/Wacom does not work after Suspend/Resume

2020-04-10, 14:49 PM

Hello,

I have an Issue with my Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 3. I recently got this device and installed Linux on it. Most things work out of the box except for one big issue. After suspending the laptop by closing the lid and resuming neither the touchscreen nor the pen work anymore. The Devices also do not show up in lsusb command. So it seems that the touch panel gets somehow disabled in hardware when closing the lid but does not get enabled when opening it back up. 

Disabling Thunderbolt 3 in the BIOS fixes the issue but for me this is just a temporary workaround because I do need the Thunderbolt functionality from time to time.

I have seen that other people have similar issues in this thread (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Other-Linux-Discussions/X1Y3-Touchscreen-not-working-after-resume-on-Linux/td-p/4021200) that was started over two years ago. Today the same issue is still around. I wonder when there will be a BIOS Version that fixes this issue. After all these machines are not that cheap and I am kind of disappointed  in the lack of support for this kinds of issues.

Bios Version: 1.38

Linux Kernel Version: 5.4.0

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms