Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viperchou
Not applicable
Views: 871
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad X1 Yoga floaty and noisy touchpad

I just got my X1 Yoga yesterday, and for the most part it's quite nice.  I've got a bit of an issue with the touchpad though.  Has anybody else noticed that it's a bit "floaty"?  With just the slightest touch (i.e. even less weight than typical usage), the whole touchpad surface will sink maybe 1mm or less, until it's flush with the bottom groove.  When I let my finger up, the touchpad surface will bounce back until it's flush with the palm rest.  When it does this, it produces a slight "thunk" and sounds as if the entire palm rest is making a clicking sound.  I'm not talking about when I press down to click either -- that works as expected.  Is this supposed to be normal?  I use an E450 thinkpad at work, and the touchpad surface is rock solid and does not shift position.

I took a video to illustrate what I mean and attached it here in the zip file (since a mp4 file is not a supported file format for uploading)

yugoport
Not applicable
Views: 867
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga floaty and noisy touchpad

Hi viperchou,

when I bought my x1 yoga that was the first complaint I had, mine is exactly as yours in the video, I guess I got used to it.

David_J_W
Not applicable
Views: 844
Message 3 of 5

The touchpad on my two month old X1 Yoga is not like in your video - it's solid under your fingers unless you deliberately press down to click.

joeyjiao
Not applicable
Views: 824
Message 4 of 5

I watched your video and I don't have the issue you are experiencing. Believe me, I have got three x1 yoga with different spec and version. The quality varies, depending on your luck (seriously). If I were you, I would request a replacement.

viperchou
Not applicable
Views: 796
Message 5 of 5

So I guess based on the replies, the touchpad is supposed to be solid, which is what I assumed as well based on using the E450 at work...  After waiting through a delay to get this shipped, this is a bit disappointing...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors