Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zedshape
Paper Tape
Views: 602
Message 1 of 9

Thinkpad X1 Yoga touch screen problem

Hi,

Today I updated BIOS to 1.38 version and then my touch screen was suddenly gone.

I read all related posts here and now I am convinced that it is the problem because of the BIOS update.

Because I am using my X1 Yoga as a touch machine for my work, I checked right after my BIOS update and it is not working.

I tried downgrade and windows rollback but it did not turn back.

My warranty is over but it is not my fault for sure. In this case how can I fix my touch screen?

Thanks.

X1yogacool
What's DOS?
Views: 590
Message 2 of 9

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga touch screen problem

I am in the same situation as you are updated the firmware and then no more touch screen.Calling Lenovo was no help the SW folks wanted $80 just to remote in otherwise they said take it to Best Buy ($85 fee + parts btw). I expect better support since the issue was obviously caused by their update and not anything else.

Lenovo should own up and replace the screen at no cost to you or me but I don't see that happening given the way they treat people that are out of warranty.

Seems that screens can be sourced from other places for around $150.
feligato
Fanfold Paper
Views: 574
Message 3 of 9

Hi there, in wich generation of the Yoga X1 are you having this issue?

X1yogacool
What's DOS?
Views: 570
Message 4 of 9

Mine is a 1st Gen 20FQ
zedshape
Paper Tape
Views: 566
Message 5 of 9

Mine is same Smiley Happy 1st edition..

It is indeed Lenovo firmware's problem...........

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 556
Message 6 of 9

My X1YG1 is at 1.38 and the touch screen is fine - so it isn't a universal issue.

Have you tried booting a live Linux USB flash drive to verify that it's a BIOS/hardware issue and not something to do with the OS or drivers?

I just now tried a quick test with Ubuntu 18.10 on flash and the touch screen basics work OK, so it should be a valid test.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

zedshape
Paper Tape
Views: 550
Message 7 of 9

I just tried now but my touch screen was not working Smiley Sad

panayotov
Paper Tape
Views: 519
Message 8 of 9

I have the same problem. I don't remember exactly after which update it happened. I only remember that in the release notes of that update was only one fix: something about the windows home button not registering properly.

Since then there's no touch screen in Device Manager either. Also the pen is not available anymore. The touch screen simply doesn't exist as far as Windows is concerened.

It seems Lenovo officially doesn't acknowledge this problem at all and it is a severe problem.

panayotov
Paper Tape
Views: 421
Message 9 of 9

FYI: Just got my laptop back from servicing. They replaced the touch screen, marked it as defective. It seems that's only solution.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors