Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

09-09-2016

United States of America

25 Signins

253 Page Views

• Views: 253
  • Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad X1 Yoga wakes while in backpack

2016-09-27, 11:12 AM

I have a Thinkpad X1 yoga running Windows 7 x64.  I store my laptop in a sleeve with the power button and volume rocker facing down so that the power supply port is facing up.  I often find that the computer has woken itself up while in my backpack, sometimes it even starts playing music by itself while in there. 

I've disable the power button by setting it to "do nothing" in my power plans.  I can't find any way to disable the volume rocker, but it also doesn't wake when I press those buttons. 

I then considered than maybe the touchscreen is waking the device, or that the chassi is flimsy enough that it is registering a key press and waking even though it is closed in laptop mode (i.e. screen facing in).  In any case, the thing shouldn't be waking itself from sleep while in my backpack for any reason.

Does anybody have an idea of why it is doing this stupid, horrible thing and how to prevent it?

Options

16 Posts

09-09-2016

United States of America

25 Signins

253 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga wakes while in backpack

2016-10-05, 8:11 AM

I think I have narrowed the problem down to the capacitive Windows start button.  I got a list of all the wake-capable devices listed using "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" and then disabled each one. 

But that capacitive Windows start button can still wake the computer.  Since I never want to use that button for anything, is there a way to disable it?  Maybe somebody knows how to find it in the device manager, or knows a registry edit that can disable it completely.  Thanks.

Options

16 Posts

09-09-2016

United States of America

25 Signins

253 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2016-10-05, 18:00 PM
I contacted Lenovo support chat about this, but they refused to offer any support. They either don't know how to disable it or don't care enough to try.
Options

5 Posts

12-28-2016

Canada

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-12-28, 16:38 PM

I will mention this to our rep. I have this problem too and either my NB is hot from running in the case or the battery dies and I have to setup everything I was working on all over again.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms