Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nixon76
Paper Tape
Views: 580
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad X1 Yoga - what image?

I had to send my X1 Yoga (20FQ) back for service as it reported a hardware fault. Sounds like it was due to a corrupt driver reporting a false positive. They had to reimage the laptop, so when I got it back I was starting from scratch.

When I opened the Lenovo Companion App (I'm on Win 10 Pro 64), the home page (under the big "Optimise Your Thinkpad" button had this:

Thinkpad X1 Carbon 4th

This got me thinking - did they put the correct image on there? I hadn't noticed it when I first got it a month ago, so don't know what it said then. I didn't want to rebuild my system only to find it needed to be reimaged again. I called the repair centre, and they seemed to think it was correct - that that profile was the correct one for my serial number. They put me through to technical support, who thought I was correct - it was the wrong image. They sent me out a recover USB to try again. I've just done that (reimaged) and the Lenovo Companion App says the same thing.

Given I got conflicting reports from Lenovo support I thought I'd try the forum here first - to see what other X1 Yoga owners have in their Lenovo Companion App. What does yours say? Maybe the X1 Yoga and X1 Carbon are so similar they can use the same image?

Much Appreciated

FrankieA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 532
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad X1 Yoga - what image?

I think you're fine. That's exactly what mine says.

ZyRaIN
Fanfold Paper
Views: 516
Message 3 of 5

Same here Smiley Happy 

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 481
Message 4 of 5

My X1 Yoga also says that, always had, since I got it. I beleive its because the X1 Yoga basically uses the same "base" as the Carbon, with the hinge/keyboard/display different. Probably it started as a side project to the Carbon, and internally the two are pretty close together.

As long as you have a touchscreen that you can open up 360 degress, it is a Yoga, no matter what Companion says! Smiley Very Happy

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52 | X1 Yoga (1st)(2nd) | Legion Y530
nixon76
Paper Tape
Views: 453
Message 5 of 5

Thank you all

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors