Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
victor158128
What's DOS?
Views: 2,139
Message 11 of 32

Re: Thinkpad X1 extreme FHD only 6 hours battery life

@victor158128 wrote:

I have an X1E with i7 8750H FHD. After BIOS 1.10 update, I didn't have to mannually disable GTX 1050ti to get good battery life for web browsing (around 8-10 hours with battery safer on and 30% brightness). After BIOS 1.17 update, I am getting horrible battery life (about  5 hours of browsing with battery safer on and 30% brightness). Granted I added another 16gig ram (OEM, same model as the one already on my machine) for dual channelling, the battery life should not be this bad.  I noticed that the integrated GPU is being used at 5%-15% even when there is no video playing. 

I think something in BIOS 1.17 update is causing battery drain. Is it safe to manually download BIOS 1.10 and roll back?

After a couple of complete discharges and recharges, the battery life is back to normal now, 8-10 hours of web browsing. It's a pleasure to use. 

Viken
What's DOS?
Views: 2,084
Message 12 of 32

Mine is like 3.5 hours.  I have a 5 year old thinkpad and it still lasts 5 hours.

chl83
What's DOS?
Views: 1,997
Message 13 of 32

I also have that same problem but my battery life is much worse.  I'd say with some web browsing here and there my battery lasts about 4 hours.  When I'm doing heavier work, like multiple websites and word document and mail app, It drops down to like 10% within a couple hours.  The battery life is EXTREMELY bad (no pun intended).  I had the x1 carbon before and switched to this because of the better specs, but the x1 carbon at least lasted me all day without needing a charge with continual browsing.  The x1 extreme is FAR from the advertised battery life for minimal use. 

Is there an additional battery that can bought for this?  

mjiala
Paper Tape
Views: 1,681
Message 14 of 32

Same. Not acceptable, especially when advertising something like up to 15 hours of battery life.

mat187
What's DOS?
Views: 1,401
Message 15 of 32

I'm getting 3.5- hours of battery life on my brand new x1 extreme.. literally 0% brightness and powersaver on browser or idle
liejian
Paper Tape
Views: 1,380
Message 16 of 32

I have an FHD and the first run , it ran 4.5 hrs on a full battery. Now it's averaging about 5ish. I just installed BatteryBar to get better measurements. Will report back. At 5-6 hrs, I am not happy. I expected 8-10. W/o an all day battery, the weight savings is negated by having to carry the power adapter

Hodge
What's DOS?
Views: 1,144
Message 17 of 32

This X1 is hopeless. After using indestructible Dell and HP machines for work for the last 10+ years, I got this thing at the start of a new role. The mousepad freeze that another user experienced happened randomly after about three weeks. Battery life is all over the place. It is only OK-ish if you dim the screen sharply. The worst is the sleep mode. Where the Dell and HP machines basically pause all battery use in sleep mode, this thing slurps down battery on standby like crazy. It might be the ridiculous and unnecesary red LED on the outer case. Does anyone know how to deliberately deactivate or otherwise break that light to cease this madness?Very poor effot Lenovo. Fail.  

stevie90
Paper Tape
Views: 1,068
Message 18 of 32

Mine is like around 3.5 hours as well. Working in the fields and it is quite annoying when the battery is dying soon and you need to find the plug. *Thumb down*

liejian
Paper Tape
Views: 1,065
Message 19 of 32

As an update to the community, I am getting roughly 6-7 hrs of battery life out of my FHD P1. Not amazing but not horrendous either. Borderline acceptable. 

gm20
Punch Card
Views: 943
Message 20 of 32

I have cheapest x1 extreme, fhd screen + i5 8300h. With battery saver mode in windows and brightness ~50% I can get 12-14 hours on battery. Battery saver mode is important,without it 6-8h is max.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors