20 Signins

134 Page Views

• Views: 134
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad X1 extreme external microphone and Active pen 2 issue

2019-01-11, 14:35 PM

Hi,

Just bought a X1 extreme and got 2 serious issues that prevent me from working,

-First, it seems impossible to plug a mic on the mixed connector. When I do that, realtek app see it as a speaker (or do not see it at all), and so I'm stuck with the utterly bad microphone embedded with the laptop.

It is a microphone with no drivers, always used it on other computers just by pluging it and that's all.

The only thread I found on that subject is this one https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1-headphone-mic-jack-NOT-WORKING/m-p/508115 (which does not answer to my issue)

-My second issue is with the active pen 2 from lenovo. It seems to work well with windows bloc note and sketch app but on photoshop the active pen 2 levels of pressure once every 4 or 5 strokes is no more detected and so this stroke appears much wider than the others.

I would love to know if there is drivers that will come or workaround because right now I can't use my laptop profesionnaly.

Thanks.

Options

1 Posts

08-15-2019

US

1 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad X1 extreme external microphone and Active pen 2 issue

2019-08-15, 20:03 PM

It's concerning there's no answer to this question from Lenovo support. It should be a clear-cut issue. For now, I'm using an external USB "sound card" which provides a mic input and which works. 

I've tried various microphones/adapters (TSR/TSSR), splitters, etc (which work ok, say, on MacBook Pro with a TSSR jack). But to no avail.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete