Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkatari
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 1 of 9

Thinkpad X1 yoga 3rd gen, crashing too many times

Hello Everyone,

I have been using this laptop since February 2019 but In the past two weeks my laptop has crashed 5 times. There are no specific patterns ( i could be using RStudio or just clicking on a folder to open). , I have updated everything  from Lenovo and Windows. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or know a possible solution to this. I did the complete diagnostics using lenovo's Vantage and everything seems to be fine. Any suggestions would be helpful.

thank you.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 161
Message 2 of 9

Re: Thinkpad X1 yoga 3rd gen, crashing too many times

Hi mkatari.

Welcome to the community forums.

We'd like to see what's causing the crash. Could you download whocrashed? Then, run a test and send us the results so we can take a closer look. Thank you.

Kind Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

mkatari
Paper Tape
Views: 152
Message 3 of 9

Hello, thank you for your message. The report says it can not find any crash dumps. 

Crash Dump Analysis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:

C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer

When I look at the Event viewer it says:

Critical then the Data and for source it says Kernel-Power.

In the general description it says: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Thank you

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 141
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for doing the test. Based on the results, the possible cause of the issue is a lost power. Could you try to run a sfc /scannow on the command prompt? Then, send us a photo of the results. Also, try to check for any Windows update. If there is, try to perform all the Windows updates.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

mkatari
Paper Tape
Views: 118
Message 5 of 9

Thank you for your response.

Please see the results below.

Is it possible there is something wrong with the connection of the motherboard and the battery?

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 115
Message 6 of 9

Let's run a hardware scan to check the status of the hardware components. You may download Lenovo Vantage (https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081) and run a hardware scan. 

Thanks!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

mkatari
Paper Tape
Views: 111
Message 7 of 9

hello,

I did the custom tests three days ago ( after the latest crash ) and everything passed. I can send you screen shots but all green checks and it says pass. The final result code is W3L5Z16LUTVL-6L31XN

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 107
Message 8 of 9

I see. Try performing a clean boot, then observe the performance of the laptop. Follow the steps on this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows to do a clean boot. Update us how it goes. 

Thanks!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

mkatari
Paper Tape
Views: 46
Message 9 of 9

Just a quick update. I performed the clean boot 8 days ago and have not suffered any crashes yet. Will keep you updated. If I don't get another crash for another week I will mark this resolved.

Thank you all for your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors