Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thinkpadpooper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 287
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad X1E combo jack issues....

Can somone from Lenovo comment on a fix for the mic jack issues.  Is this a known issue or could I have a problem with my particular machine?

To me it seems to be software related.  Drivers from lenovo site: sound works but mic does not.  Drivers from realtek site: mic seems to work but the audio is bazaar. One side plays on headset the other on laptop speakers.  Windows self installed drivers: same as lenovo drivers.

I need to be able to use a head set with this laptop please.....

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 248
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1E combo jack issues....

What is a manufacturer, brand of your headset? The issue might be caused by unsupported type of combo 4 pole jack plug. There are two specifications of such plugs - OMTP and CTIA/AHJ. They differ by mic and ground poles placement. Different companies use different types of them.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

thinkpadpooper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 247
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1E combo jack issues....

Its a Razor something or another. (Is my backup headset). A green monstrosity.

I finally got it working. Uninstalled the device with the delete software box checked and installed the latest. Seems to be working now.

Have disabled both System Update and Windows Update auto driver downloads features.

I had it working like this before but something "updated" and broke it again.

Fairly certain it is software issue? If hardware I assume driver change would have no effect.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors