cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trumpton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,661
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad X200 (7459-1P0), Upgraded To Windows 10 Pro - Can't Get Integrated Camera To Work?

Hello all,

I have a Windows 7 Pro, 7459-1P0 Thinkpad X200. Yes, she's getting on a bit but she's in great condition and I have a Crucial SSD in here to speed things up.

Recently I updated to Windows 10 Pro and *nearly* everything seems okay (though I can't seem to find the ThinkVantage software any more - which offered available updates and showed graphics for Volume Up/Down/Mute etc, disabled now maybe?).

I can't get the Integrated Camera to work at all, or the physical Mute button at the top of the keyboard (the Volume Up/Down buttons work).

The Camera shows in Device Manager under Imaging Devices, but programs such as Skype can't find it. It was working before with previous versions of Windows. See below.

In the Windows Control Panel > "Hardware and Sound" > "Lenovo - Web Conferencing" the green light comes on, and the Webcam works! The Integrated Webcam is enabled in BIOS I/O Security options, too.

-- Lenovo Power Management Driver
-- Integrated Camera Driver
-- Lenovo Communication Utility
-- Lenovo Hotkey Features Integration package

are all installed.

Thanks for any replies Smiley Happy
33632006[1].jpg33632006[1].jpg

trumpton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,619
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X200 (7459-1P0), Upgraded To Windows 10 Pro - Can't Get Integrated Camera To Work?

Managed to get the webcam working after tinkering with the Lenovo Communication Utility (in Control Panel).

You've got to ensure
-- Lenovo Power Management Driver
-- Integrated Camera Driver
-- Lenovo Communication Utility
-- Lenovo Hotkey Features Integration package

are all installed. Then it shows up on Skype as an option. May help anyone else, as I can't seem to get the Lenovo Update software to work, you have to install the Lenovo programs manually (unless anyone knows better)! It's not the greatest camera, but good in a pinch.

Still can't get the physical Mute button to work, though (anyone)?

trumpton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,592
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X200 (7459-1P0), Upgraded To Windows 10 Pro - Can't Get Integrated Camera To Work?

I can give my own solution to the Mute Hotkey not working with Windows 10 Smiley Happy

According to this Reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/3w6j0b/did_anyone_get_the_x200_mute_button_working_on/
an older version 3.81 (scroll down) https://support.lenovo.com/in/de/downloads/migr-74261
of the Hotkey Features Integration tool brings the Mute button back to life.

This software even brings back the older Thinkpad onscreen graphics when I use certain Hotkeys (which I was fond of)!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors