Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kayes
Paper Tape
Views: 277
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad X200s won't past Windows XP logo screen

Hi to all Lenovo Experts,

I've tried to search for this problem & solution but it seems like most of the problem is about "won't start up", slightly different from the "won't past the Windows XP logo screen", I assume? If ever this had been answered before, kindly link me to the correct post. Thank you.

So the thing is, while I'm using my TP, all of sudden it was hang. After about 10 minutes freeze, I force shutdown by holding the power button. After few minutes, I restart the TP just fine, type in my hard disk password, type in the PGP Symantec Desktop password, then the boot screen show up, some message there saying something along the line "Windows didn't start up normally, recent software or hardware change might cause this". So, I tried the following options:

1) Start Windows Normally - it took forever loading, nothing happen,

2) Last Known Good Configuration - it loading for few seconds then goes to blank screen, nothing happen, and

3) Safe Mode - it shows all these files name then freeze, nothing happen.

I don't recall any recent changed or added software or hardware prior this problem occured, therefore I really appreciate if someone can help me on how to fix this. I am not sure if other series had the same problem, the solution would be the same, but it will be really great if the solution is precise for X200s.

Thank you in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors