Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tarmiricmi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,930
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad X201 WiFi not working

Hello,

using Windows 10 64bit on a Thinkpad X201.

WiFi won't turn on (Fn+F5). Radio button is ON. Bluetooth is ON (green light shows), WiFi is OFF (no green light). WiFi adapter is NOT visible in Device Manager. Radio is enabled in BIOS.

I've tried to swap WLAN card itself, without effect. I must use USB WiFi.

Any thoughts?

LeeWagner
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,770
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X201 WiFi not working

Did you turn on (move towards front) the physical switch on the front left hand side of the computer?  Green bar should be showing at the switch.

Tarmiricmi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,712
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X201 WiFi not working

Of course I did, as I said, Bluetooth is working fine(radio switch must be turned on for that), but WiFi card isn't even visible in the device manager at all.

Fn+F5 isn't working. Installed Lenovo Hotkey Integration.

According to this forum topic:

I have managed dozens of x201 series laptops and can say I have not seen a more consistent rate of problems with wifi adapters than with this specific series.

In most cases, the internal wifi antenna is damaged/defective and must be replaced. A good indicator of this is when the green wifi symbol will not light up (and the bluetooth symbol is lit), or having the wifi light turn off shortly after enabling wifi (Fn+F5).

In any case, my problem remains unsolved after a year. My x201 though is going strong all this time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors