Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msc
What's DOS?
Views: 1,089
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad X21 - Display Cable

Hello there,

my old subnotbook X21 has a problem concerning the display. Sometimes it is a little flickering. Also the colors are not correctly displayed (sometimes I have only red-colors, sometimes only-green). I opend the case (the back of the display) and found out, that the flashbang-cable behind the display is the reason for the problem. When I wobble the cable, the display shows up an correct image.

Is there a chance to get a new flashbang-cable (the flat, orange one) for my X21?

Greetings from Germany,
Mario

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,071
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad X21 - Display Cable

Find the Hardware Maintenance Manual for your X21 on the Lenovo website. This shows how to disassemble the system in order to replace the cable as well as the FRU for the specific cable used in your system. Note that IBM may have used different cables in different submodels of the X21.

You may be able to purchase a replacement cable from Lenovo, however, the price will be high. A much cheaper solution is to Google and/or search eBay on the FRU number. You should be able to find someone who is selling parts from X21s that were not economical to repair (e.g. because the motherboard or LCD panel no longer worked.)

MfG aus Kanada... Dorian Hausman

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors