Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobDibb
What's DOS?
Views: 311
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad X230 i7 System Board

I recently had a problem where my X230 i7 would not power up. It was sent away for repair under warranty. The repair centre replaced the system board and sent it back. I found that the original hard disk and the disks from my other 200 series laptop would not boot up. when I rang the support centre they said that the new level of system board is incompatible with existing disks. they then sent me a set of factory image DVDs which I installed successfully giving me the basic factory default installation. I then tried doing a restore of my original system onto this disk which was unsuccessful. I rang the support centre and described the problem they said that the new updated system board will not support a windows restore.

I asked if this was going to affect other users who have new system boards fitted, to which they assumed that it would but I was probably the first to experience this.

Just wanted others to know of this and to ask if anyone has a solution rather than re-installing all my programs and configuration from sctratch.

Bob

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors