Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcka
Paper Tape
Views: 767
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad X250 Black screen

Hi guys, I have been browsing through the forums and trying various 'solutions' without success. My Lenovo Thinkpad x250 has a black screen and I have run out of ideas on how to fix this. A few points:

- Sometimes (maybe 1/20 times) the lenovo logo comes on before the screen 'remembers' to go black

- I have tried to turn on in BIOS and still black screen

- It works perfectly well with VGA cable

- I have Intel (R) Graphics 5500 as the only option in Display Adpaters. It is up to date at the time of posting (Vers. 20.19.15.4835) 

- The issue started after I left the laptop at work 'updating'. It clearly updated and I believe the black screen came after restarting (when updates were complete)

- First couple of days the screen would come on if I connect VGA for a few minutes and remove it - weird! This doesn't happen anymore

- I have opened the back and screen and it looks like the connecting cables are all intact

-Everytime I turn the laptop on I can definitely see a change in the shade of black on screen - goes from black to what looks like a very dark grey (nearly black)

Does anyone know how to fix this? Very sorry if I am repeating a solved question, I haven't come accross a solution that has worked yet.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors