Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benvizzachero
Paper Tape
Views: 66
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad X250 doesn't sleep with lid closed

After adjusting some of the power settings to suit my preferences, I've encountered a wierd issue with my laptop. I set it so that closing the lid does nothing, because I don't like having to re-enter my passcode every time the lid gets shut for a quick second. However, I also set it so that the computer should go to sleep after an hour unattended (when plugged in) or ten minutes (when not plugged in), as to preserve the battery. Screenshots of these settings are included below for reference. 

My problem is that my computer does not go to sleep when left unplugged with the lid closed. Instead, it sits and burns the battery until it's almost dead. Sometimes I come home after my laptop has been sitting out for hours without being plugged in, and I hear the speaker chiming with the low-battery notification. When I open the lid, the computer is wide awake like I never left. I thought my settings should make it go to sleep after some time, whether or not the lid is open, whether or not it's plugged in. But this is clearly not happening when it should.

Is there an additional setting I don't know about?  Is it possible that notifications from facebook or my anti-virus are preventing the computer from falling asleep? Thanks for your help.

lid.jpgsleep and screen.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors