Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulMeakin
What's DOS?
Views: 337
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad X250 restarts coming out of standby after BIOS and Windows Update

Hello,

Last week my X250 installed a significant Windows 10 update and then a BIOS update. Since then, frequently, but I don't think always, when I restart the laptop after it had been in standby the machine actually restarts. When you open the lid, the green power light in the power button flashes rapidly and then the machine reboots, with the obvious consequence that open documents are lost etc. I cannot be absolutely certain that this is linked to one of the updates, but I have had the machine for just under a year and this had never happened before. It is not a battery issue as this shows a good charge level after a restart from standby.

Has anyone come across a similar problem? Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Paul

David_J_W
802.11n
Views: 310
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad X250 restarts coming out of standby after BIOS and Windows Update

It sounds like the laptop might be crashing on resumption from standby. Are there any clues in the Reliability History (type reliability into the Start Menu if you can't find it)?

Various drivers have been updated and reissued for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Windows 10 Version 1607). There are also compatibility issues with some antivirus applications and other applications that hook into the operating system at low level, such as VPN clients.

It would be worth checking that your drivers, antivirus and similar applications are up to date. My experience of an X1 Yoga is the System Update feature of the Lenovo Companion app can lag the Lenovo Support web site, so it's worth checking the Support web site to see if there are any updated drivers for your machine. Indeed, Lenovo Companion keeps trying to reinstall Intel Wi-Di drivers, even though Intel has discontinued them in favour of Windows' built-in Miracast support and the Wi-Di drivers are not supported on Windows 10 Version 1607 (they will be partly removed following the update).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors