Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iPoPIsP
Paper Tape
Views: 1,360
Message 11 of 19

Re: Thinkpad X270 Samsung 2Tb SSD 850 Pro upgrade

Dear Sirs

It looks that there is one incompatibility between my X270 and the 2Tb SSD Samsung 850 Pro I bought to replace the original drive.

The Samsung Data Migration do not work, so, I used another software to "clone the original drive".

The system only recognized 1Tb out of the 2Tb drive.

I tried again and it looks that there is a kind of "incompatibility" between the X270 and the Samsung 2TB 850 Pro drive.

Can someone help me ?

Rgds

Rui

PS: I tried the same disk in my old X230 Lenovo and all worked ok ... 

noneed
Paper Tape
Views: 984
Message 12 of 19

Hi, just checking to see if the problem is solved or solvable?  I'm planning to get a Samsung SSD 850 Pro for my x270 as well.  Thanks.

iPoPIsP
Paper Tape
Views: 974
Message 13 of 19

It it not solved. Before you buy make shure your supplier is able to do the migration. I tried as well another new X270 from a friend, assuming I made something wrong and it DID NOT work as well. 

IT you find a solution pls infm

Rgds

Rui

CarlosCruz
Paper Tape
Views: 910
Message 14 of 19

Re: Thinkpad X270 SSD upgrade

Hi, I am interested in to find the correct especification about this SSD Samsung 960 and locate a seller. Could you post a link or specs doc to read ?

iPoPIsP
Paper Tape
Views: 898
Message 15 of 19

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/ssd960/ 

Sorry but I missed the information above. The SSD´s that did not work in my X270 are the models 850Pro and the model 860Pro.

I understand by the explanation of the salesmen that the "860Pro is the same of 960" but in a diferent package with the Sata interface.

Sorry if I mislead you.

If you find a way to make the SSD Samsung 860 Pro work with the full 2Tb capacity in the X270, pls share here. 

I have inquired Clonix ( who makes the migration tool to Samsung ) and will share here what they shared with me.

One thing ... Do not use Acronis to try to do the cloning ... Or if you try be carefull. I tried and I lost full acess to the X270 and I am now working on a diferent machine. Either I made something wrong while doing the procedure with Acronis or basically it do not work correctly.

I lost control on the X270 and will probably need to format the entire machine and start from scratch. 

Rgds

Rui

iPoPIsP
Paper Tape
Views: 858
Message 16 of 19

Sharing the conversation with Clonix, the creator of Data Migration for Samsung SSD drives .... Hello. I'm clonix QC department. Thank you for using SDM. Thank you for the materials you sent us. its share the results of grasping the cause. 1. You have to change the Security setting in the BIOS setup. Please set TPM Embedded Security function to hidden. Change the TPM Device function to Hidden. If there is no TPM function like the above, please refer to the second method. 2. BitLocker setting is on Disk. Please disable BitLocker lock to prohibit Disk writing. If you want to use it as an initial value, you need to set BitLocker and then release it again. BitLocker programs prevents from writing to disk. If you have any questions please contact us. Thank you very much. Office 070-7090-8288 / C.P. 010-9990-1904 / FAX 070-7016-2380 Address (443-734) 경기도 수원시 영통구 신원로 88 디지털 엠파이어II 101-1211 E-Mail lyseok15@clonix.co.kr/ Homepage http://kr.clonix.com 이 메일은 지정된 수취인만을 위해 작성되었으며, 중요한 정보나 저작권을 포함하고 있을 수 있습니다. 어떠한 권한 없이, 본 문서에 포함된 정보의 전부 또는 일부를 무단으로 제3자에게 공개, 배포, 복사 또는 사용하는 것을 엄격히 금지합니다. 만약, 본 메일이 잘못 전송된 경우, 발신인 또는 당사에 알려주시고, 본 메일을 즉시 삭제하여 주시기 바랍니다. This E-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. This email is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this email by mistake, please either delete it without reproducing, distributing or retaining copies thereof or notify the sender immediately. From: Rui Santos - GMAIL [mailto:ipopisp@gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 8:19 PM To: '이호균' Subject: RE: URGENT - I am not beeing able to use the Samsung Data Migration Tks for your quick answer. .. Pls see down the answers to your questions I want to know the exact cause. Please send the file below. 1. PC Brand and Model (e.g. Samsung Electronics Sense Series 9) a. PC Brand is Lenovo – Model X270 ( see annex the specs of the machine 2. OS (e.g. Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit) a. Windows 10 – 64 bits - completely updated with the latest update 3. Current HDD information (e.g. capacity, the number of partitions) a. Pls see annex movie showing both disks … It’s a Samsung SSD – 850 Pro – 2 TB, but when I migrated it only migrated 1Tb and do not recognize the 2nd TB… That´s why I am trying to move to another new Samsung drive. 4. Logs info 4-1. All file in% programfiles (x86)% \ Samsung \ Samsung Data Migration \ Logs \ (eg: c: \ Program Files (x86) \ Samsung \ Samsung Data Migration \ Logs) 4-2. All file in% \Windows\Temp\ Logs.txt 5. Disk Info 5-1) Open "Run" and enter "diskmgmt.msc" 5-2) is captured … As you can see when I migrated the inicial Hard Drive the system did not assumed the full 2Tb size … Only assumed 1Tb … That´s why I am trying to move to a new full 2Tb. We will be to hear that you have any inconvenience, please reply. Thank you. Office 070-7090-8288 / C.P. 010-9990-1904 / FAX 070-7016-2380 Address (443-734) 경기도 수원시 영통구 신원로 88 디지털 엠파이어II 101-1211 E-Mail lyseok15@clonix.co.kr/ Homepage http://kr.clonix.com 이 메일은 지정된 수취인만을 위해 작성되었으며, 중요한 정보나 저작권을 포함하고 있을 수 있습니다. 어떠한 권한 없이, 본 문서에 포함된 정보의 전부 또는 일부를 무단으로 제3자에게 공개, 배포, 복사 또는 사용하는 것을 엄격히 금지합니다. 만약, 본 메일이 잘못 전송된 경우, 발신인 또는 당사에 알려주시고, 본 메일을 즉시 삭제하여 주시기 바랍니다. This E-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. This email is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this email by mistake, please either delete it without reproducing, distributing or retaining copies thereof or notify the sender immediately. From: Rui Santos - GMAIL [mailto:ipopisp@gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 5:35 AM To: help@clonix.co.kr Subject: URGENT - I am not beeing able to use the Samsung Data Migration Dear Sirs I am trying to clone my disk to the new Samsung 860 PRO - 2 Tb and the Data Migration is not working. This is the message I get My machine is a Lenovo X270

CarlosCruz
Paper Tape
Views: 852
Message 17 of 19

Dear Forum, anybody can help me about the doubt: HD SSD SAMSUNG 960 Pro 512GB can be used in a X270 ?

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/ssd-960-pro-m-2-512gb-mz-v6p5...

I am interested to buy one, but I am worried about these problems related here about others SAMSUNG 850 Pro  or 860 Pro ... in fact, these have bigger capacity but like to know about incompatibilities knowed.

Regards,

Carlos Cruz

iPoPIsP
Paper Tape
Views: 831
Message 18 of 19

Re: Thinkpad X270 SSD upgrade / I was able to do it finally

How ??

I took the original X270 disk from the machine, Disk A 

I picked  the Samsung 860 Pro 2 TB, Disk B 

I installed Acronis 2014 in a separate machine ...

I cloned the original Disk A to destination disk in Acronis Disk B. Originally I made it automatic and the system did not assume the 2Tb.

Then I chose the manual way and in that manual way I chose the expansion box ( second in the menu ) .

Then all went OK ... 

After terminating the cloning I installed the Samsung 860Pro 2Tb in the X270 and all worked fine.

MAKE SHURE the entire disk is available, I mean the 2Tb ...  To do that eventually you need to delete 1Tb partition and expand the other partition... 

Rgds

Rui

noneed
Paper Tape
Views: 826
Message 19 of 19

Re: Thinkpad X270 SSD upgrade / I was able to do it finally

Good for you, Rui!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors