FR

1 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad X270 battery stops charging suddently

2019-08-30, 14:39 PM

Hi !

The battery of my Thinkpad X270 recently started to stop charging 2 or 3 days ago.

• Removing and putting back the alimentation cable worked at first, but now it doesn't anymore.
  • I have tried to remove the battery then put it back with no success, though sometimes switching off the laptop makes it charge again, and sometimes not.
  • Since I use Windows 10, I tried to use the Window's alimentation troubleshooter but everything seems fine. By the way, I use Window's last update (may 2019).
  • I've read that it could be because I need to do a BIOS update. Unfortunately, I cannot run this update without any alimentation... (Lenovo Vantage won't let me, and anyway I won't take the risk)

I'm running out of battery and this is my only computer... Any ideas on how to solve this ? Do you think this is a problem on the charger, the battery driver, or the battery port inside the computer ?

Thank you very much for you help,

chocolat

Options

66 Posts

12-18-2017

CN

456 Signins

2052 Page Views

• Views: 2052
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad X270 battery stops charging suddently

2019-09-03, 6:16 AM
Dear Chocolate, welcome to Lenovo forum, you can download latest BIOS from web link as following for a test, if still not works you can call Lenovo help center for support.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x270/downloads
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save