Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fury556
Fanfold Paper
Views: 929
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad X380 stylus

Hi all,

Got a bit of a strange one. I have one user with an X380 Yoga - since day 1 from brand new the stylus has been very intermittent (more off than on) and now it simply does not register on the users screen at all. Touch screen works as expected. I brought over another X380's stylus and it worked fine on the laptop screen. I then brought the "broken" stylus back, and it worked as expected on another X380.

So to summarise, I can confirm both Styluses work, both screens work, but one stylus doesn't work on one screen, and one works on both. I'm confused!

vomster
Fanfold Paper
Views: 852
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad X380 stylus

Hi, I also had some trouble with my x380 and stylus, especially when annotating on pdfs. I'm not sure if I had same problem as you, but yours seems rather a software problem than a hardware one, since both stylus and screen works with other devices. 

Then maybe the wacom driver from wacom website might help(it is different from what lenovo offers). I had some software related problem with my x380 and stylus, and this driver from wacom fixed it for good(at least so far). 

http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/

Hope this helps.

drholliday
Punch Card
Views: 845
Message 3 of 7

Sounds like an issue I had one with stylus that was out of tune (there's a tuning cap in Wacom styluses)...worked on one, but not another whereas the other's worked fine on both.

BTW, there's a newer driver than the one you posted - it's UWP for the settings app and also what OEMs like Lenovo use as the base driver for their Wintab driver pack. http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/uwp/

vomster
Fanfold Paper
Views: 820
Message 4 of 7

I don't know about the OP's case, but at least for my issue, the newest wacom driver for UWP don't work properly and seems to be the source of the problem. However the driver I posted works just fine and fixes all problem. I don't know why though. 

Fury556
Fanfold Paper
Views: 809
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for the suggestions, I should be able to report back soon!

tonyv13
What's DOS?
Views: 709
Message 6 of 7

I agree that 7.6 is causing the issues and may be THE cause of the issue. We had a bunch of X380's (it's the assigned laptop for all our students) that have begun to show this issue of touch "working" in the sense that you can see it on screen, but the software does not respond. I initially thought a reinstall of the driver worked fine (we had 7.5 exe lying around in the IT office), which it did, but when I sent an email to the entire student body giving them the link to the latest (7.6), we got reports back that it still wasn't working. I tested on a few students and sure enough the issues remained. I then used 7.5 and it fixed their issue, so I resent a OneDrive link to everyone to download the older version.

drholliday
Punch Card
Views: 705
Message 7 of 7

I'm actually issuing out the newest version of the UWP driver (that was recently released) which seems so far to be much more responsive than the previous classic and UWP drivers. It also seems to have fixed the issue of a single click of the BT button ghost pressing the Win key. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors