Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gas23
Paper Tape
Views: 6,073
Message 1 of 12

Thinkpad X390 Privacy Guard

Enabling Privacy Guard on Lenovo Thinkpad X390 does not work.
According to the instructions, the Privacy Guard can be activated via Lenovo Vantage -> Hardware settings -> Audio/Visual. Unfortunately the item "Privacy Gard" is missing in the settings.

The following updates have already been carried out:
1) Thinkpad BIOS must be version 1.27 or later
2) Lenovo Power Management Driver Version 1.67.14.07 or later
3) Lenovo Hotkey Utility version 9.0.2.18 or later
4) Lenovo Vantage version 4.25.44.0 or later which may include Lenovo System Interface Driver version 1.1.17.1 or later

The key combination FN+D has no function.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Many thanks in advance!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 6,040
Message 2 of 12

Re: Thinkpad X390 Privacy Guard

Hello and welcome to the Community,

Could you post your full model number please, it should look something like 20Q0000LGE, please do not under any circumstances post your serial number.If your system model number includes CTO please enter your serial number on the parts lookup site and then post the part number of the LCD Panel.

Knowing your model number / display part number will help identify whether or not you have a display which supports PrivacyGuard; it is not a feature on all systems.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

gas23
Paper Tape
Views: 6,012
Message 3 of 12

Hi Andy,

thanks for your message and the welcome greetings.

The part number of the LCD panel is SD10S56640 (02HL705).
Can you confirm, that the used panel supports this feature?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 5,999
Message 4 of 12

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting that. Your display is the FHD IPS 300 nit version. If you look at the psref for the X390 you will see that the 400 nit display option will have the PrivacyGuard function, unfortunately your's doean't.

http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_X390

x390psref.pngx390psref

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

gas23
Paper Tape
Views: 5,970
Message 5 of 12

I find the description on the Lenovo website misleading, as I assumed that all models of the X390 had this feature.
That was one of the reasons I chose this model. It would be nice if Lenovo would make a note of this on the website so that no more customers would be disappointed.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 5,954
Message 6 of 12

Hi gas23, Can you be specific please, and provide a URL to the website page you find misleading! Thanks.
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
gas23
Paper Tape
Views: 5,940
Message 7 of 12

I checked german Lenovo website again and I have to admit that the misunderstanding was my fault. There is an "(optional)" added to Privacy Guard in the model description. I have assumed that this is automatically included in the most expensive model. Too bad, but there is definitely worse, otherwise I am very satisfied with my device.

D0rian
Paper Tape
Views: 3,492
Message 8 of 12

Hi, I got the same prolem with my carbon X1 Serial numer ******** how can i enable that PrivacyGuard ?

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.  MT-M is 20QDCTO1WW

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,405
Message 9 of 12

Hello D0rian,

Which display did you order? It looks to me that for the X1 Carbon 7 it is only available on the FHD (assuming non-touch) according the the French website
https://www.lenovo.com/fr/fr/laptops/thinkpad/x-series/X1-Carbon-Gen-7/p/22TP2TXX17G

"Choisissez parmi plusieurs écrans, notamment un écran tactile Full HD ou un écran Full HD avec PrivacyGuard pour la sécurité de l’écran."

(translate.google.com French -> English
Choose from multiple screens, including a Full HD touch screen or a Full HD screen with PrivacyGuard for screen security.)

Andy

English Community Leader

D0rian
Paper Tape
Views: 3,179
Message 10 of 12

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, yes i choose the UHD screen so i probably don't have tjat privacy guard ...

My bad i didn't saw that, i was thinking that if it was on the Full Hd et will be ok for the Ultra HD, seems  i was wrong.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors