cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iHack3x2
Paper Tape
Views: 2,546
Message 1 of 8

Thinkpad Yoga 2nd Gen OLED (Screen Flickering/Horizontal Bars)

I've been having similar issues as the other people on this board with the OLED screen. 

It started off, only being an issue when below a certain percentage and would go back to normal after incrases the brightness, then eventually became where it didn't matter the brightness. Sometimes it would be blue bars across the screen, when it's really bad, the screen would have a dark red hue and black bars. Sometimes the blue bars would go away if I turn off the display, but eventually come back. 

But I sent it in for repairs, but the issue is, the problem is the issue isn't consistent. According to the website they managed to fix the device all in one day, is there anyway to figure out what they did to the laptop? I'm worried they recieved the laptop and when they  turned on the laptop, they didn't see the issue and just sent it back. Because right before I shipped it, the screen was working fine at that moment. I'm only trying to get everything done, before semester starts back in January and before my warranty expires.

(While the OLED screen is very beautiful, I honestly don't trust it to hold up.) 

iHack3x2
Paper Tape
Views: 2,514
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 2nd Gen OLED (Screen Flickering/Horizontal Bars)

Not sure how to delete this post, but if anyone else has a similar question. There is a little note that comes back with your device, telling you what they replaced.

I have to say, Lenovo solved everything in a timely manner. It only took 3 days, starting from when FedEx picked up my device. 5 Including the time it took for them to ship the box, would of been 4 if snow didn't prevent FedEx from coming the first day. I just hear so many horror stories, I think they should get some credit when they do something right.
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,503
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for posting your experience and feedback.

I've marked your thread as solved.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Secours
Paper Tape
Views: 2,354
Message 4 of 8

Yes the problem is intermittent, however two of ours have gone completely black, others beginning to flicker. Lenovo's answer to our problem, "your out of warrantee". Shame on you Lenovo. This a manf. defect and should be repaired. We're an international company, you just lost our business and the PR that goes with it. Lessons learned.

LauraWagner
Paper Tape
Views: 1,816
Message 5 of 8

Please tell me what they said they did to fix yours?  Because I'm having same issues.  I've done EVERYTHING suggested on every forum and Youtube video on how to fix.  finally have done a bios update and even disabled some apps.  I would say I think it's fixed but the last time I said that, it acted up on me again.  it was fine for almost 3 weeks solid!  so there is NO rhyme or reason to this what so ever AND my laptop was barely out of warranty by about a month!!!!!

iHack3x2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,804
Message 6 of 8

They replaced my screen entirely, they of course wiped everything which I approved of because I didn't want to give up my passwords. But I believe the issue was the OLED screen itself, if you're still under warranty, I'll advise you to open up a ticket.

Honestly I'm scared, I'm out of warranty now. So if the issue comes up again, I'm SOL. I was going to upgrade, but they changed the price for extending the warranty by 3 folds and now I have no warranty option at all.

Hopefully this machine can last me at least two more years and I'll be happy.
LauraWagner
Paper Tape
Views: 1,800
Message 7 of 8

Thank your for responding so quick!  I'm really screwed because my warranty was up in early December! when i called, a tech told me I could get it extended but I am doubting it. I spent a TON of money on that laptop and really loved it until this happened! Smiley Sad  

LauraWagner
Paper Tape
Views: 1,669
Message 8 of 8

One more question, if you don't mind me asking... how long has it been since you've had it back and it's been fixed? and is it still working okay?  Also, do you know if you had ever dropped your laptop?  I'm wondering if mine possibly just has a loose connection.  

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors