Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackieH
Paper Tape
Views: 1,439
Message 1 of 11

Thinkpad Yoga 3rd Gen Trackpad, Trackpoint, Display touch - LAG LAG LAG

Just received my Thinkpad Yoga 3rd Gen with the following specifications: Item: ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen) Black Part No: 20LDCTO1WW Configuration Details ● 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8650U Processor with vPro (1.90GHz, up to 4.20GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache) ● Windows 10 Pro 64 ● Windows 10 Pro 64 English ● 14" HDR WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS anti-reflective, anti-smudge, multi-touch with Dolby Vision, 500 nits ● 16 GB LPDDR3 2133MHz (Onboard) ● Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620 ● 512 GB Solid State Drive, PCIe-NVMe OPAL2.0 M.2 ● Black ● 720p HD Camera with ThinkShutter and microphone ● ThinkPad Pen Pro (Garaged) ● Backlit Keyboard - US English ● Fingerprint Reader ● Hardware dTPM ● Hardware dTPM2.0 Enabled ● 4 cell Li-Ion 54Wh ● 65W AC Adapter (2pin) - USB Type C ● Intel Dual Band 8265 Wireless AC (2 x 2) & Bluetooth 4.1 with vPro ● vPro Certified ● 14.0" WQHD (2560x1440) IPS, 500nit, Touch, WLAN, No WWAN, 720p HD Camera with shutter, Mic, Black, HDR ● Intel UHD Graphics 620 ● Publication - English ● Retail Packaging ● 1 Year Depot or Carry-in After running the Thinkpad Yoga 3rd gen for a while it start lagging! It especially lag when going from laptop to tablet and back to laptop mode. I updated the firmware both the Windows 10 and Lenovo drivers. Is anyone else running into the same issues? Does any one have a solutions to prevent this lagging issues? Best Regards, Jack
YOGAbbagabbro
SCSI Port
Views: 1,395
Message 2 of 11

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 3rd Gen Trackpad, Trackpoint, Display touch - LAG LAG LAG

Nope, not those. Could be cpu consumption - are you noticing fans ramping up at times you wouldn't expect? (there's a fix for that if so)
Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, Lenovo TB3 Graphics Dock, Samsung UH 750 QLED UHD 4K Monitor
JackieH
Paper Tape
Views: 1,386
Message 3 of 11

After the firmware update the fans ramping up has stopped. Yet, I am still having issues with lagging mouse. Were you having the same issues with the mouse lagging when your fan was ramping up?
YOGAbbagabbro
SCSI Port
Views: 1,373
Message 4 of 11

No problems with keyboard or lag (others have had keyboard backlight flickering issues). CPU behavior was it would ramp up and kick on the fans basically the moment i powered on until i logged out, as well as run hot most/all of the time. It's since been remedied w/a temp bios rollback + beta, but I'm concerned what effect including wear that had over the course of owning it. But I never noticed typing lag (although now that you mention it, there wer e afew times I wondered if i was bumping up against n-key rollover so maybe I did have lag? who knows).

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, Lenovo TB3 Graphics Dock, Samsung UH 750 QLED UHD 4K Monitor
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 1,347
Message 5 of 11

@JackieH wrote:
After the firmware update the fans ramping up has stopped. Yet, I am still having issues with lagging mouse. Were you having the same issues with the mouse lagging when your fan was ramping up?

Can you describe what you mean by lag? Do you mean you move the mouse but the pointer stays put for a while? Any other examples of lag? Like the poster above, I haven't seen any lag on mine, so I wonder what's going on.

gengxiaoqi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,322
Message 6 of 11

14" HDR WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS anti-reflective, anti-smudge, multi-touch with Dolby Vision, 500 nits, why there's a ANTI-SMUDGE?

can you show the info of the monitor by HWiNFO software? Thank you.

gengxiaoqi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,320
Message 7 of 11

I noticed that the frequency of CPUs on AC mode is around 4GHz, so the fan crazy sometimes, like boot on. Do you have any solution?

drjochen
Punch Card
Views: 1,299
Message 8 of 11

I don't know what the anti-smudge means? I have it and I see zero difference to a non-anti smudge display.....

I don't have a lag, however, my mouse pointer randomly starts drifting all by itself across the screen.

gengxiaoqi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,289
Message 9 of 11

Could you please use HWiNFO to check the monitor and post the information here? I want to make sure if mine is 500nit model.

Mine is here:

Monitor Name:                  Lenovo[Unknown Model: LEN40AF]

Monitor Name(Manuf):    LPM140M420 

Serial Number:                  Unknown

Date Of Manufacture:      Week: 0, Year: 2017

Monitor Hardware ID:      Monitor/LEN40AF

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 1,278
Message 10 of 11

@drjochen wrote:

I don't have a lag, however, my mouse pointer randomly starts drifting all by itself across the screen.

That's discussed in this thread: 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Y1-Yoga-3rd-gen-issues-with-trackpoint-drift-...

It's one of the more annoying bugs at the moment, hope an engineer notices that thread. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors