Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Svenko14
Fanfold Paper
Views: 433
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga 3rd gen BIOS 1.33 TOUCHSCREEN FAILURE

Quick recap:

I checked on 17th of May for new Bios on the hp, guess what: BIOS 1.33 was available. I downloaded and quickly installed it. Everything was fine. I checked the page on the next day, wondering why the BIOS was regressed to BIOS 1.30. 1.33 was nowhere to be found. Yesterday it was back up. Just saying. Something weird was happening around the release.

I have the Pre-weekend 1.33 installed, so maybe the problem is solved with the after-weekend version, but I can only guess.

Problem:

Everytime I close the lid and the laptop goes into standby and after I open it up again, the TOUCHSCREEN WILL NOT WORK. Nothing.

I always have to restart the whole machine. Somebody having the same problem?

han47
Punch Card
Views: 401
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 3rd gen BIOS 1.33 TOUCHSCREEN FAILURE

Heya,

mine did after your post I checked and yes it did.

Before the bios update it allready showed some strange behavior like it wouldn't come out of sleep with key and button action.

Only when I closed and then opened the lid.

I thougt this came with the 1803 cumulated updates I had twice last week. Windows you know....

After updating the BIOS to 1.33 it was slow to go to sleep and slow to come out off it. And I had the touch issue too.

Thought "hey, this gonna be fun again"

After your post I wanted to roll back to 1.30 but the hyperlink for 1.30 gives the version before that one, so no dice.

Then I decided to play a bit and disabled modern standby in the BIOS powersettings and put it to S3 sleep.

I got warning that I might have to reinstall OS but what the heck, I have backups. (Not for the previous BIOS. Smiley Indifferent)

So now the sleep in and out functionality is back as it was a week ago but in powercfg /A it returns S3 not available but S0 is.

For me it is now working like before with the wrong BIOS setting but that is fin by me.

I think we haven't seen the last one in this chapter.

Edit: And yes the touchscreen is working agaiin too.

Ciao, Han

Svenko14
Fanfold Paper
Views: 391
Message 3 of 4

This is just unbelievable. You think they have it sorted after a year of supporting the 3rd gen, but it's only getting WORSE.

Something else I observed. I'm regularly watching my movies in Kodi and after this Bios update, my Yoga was starting to STUTTER after some hours of using kodi and the fans were really louder than before.

Can't believe they released this buggy bios. Thankfully I didn't encounter any more problems. Yet.

Svenko14
Fanfold Paper
Views: 318
Message 4 of 4

Ok, they released a new BIOS 1.34. Problem with the touchscreen seems to be fixed. Tried it out multiple times.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors