Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalynrg
Paper Tape
Views: 188
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga X1 (3rd Gen) - Headphones constantly initiating play command

Hello,

I am having an issue with the headphone jack in conjunction with the inline remote on headphones. 

As soon as I plug in headphones with an inline remote, it starts to play my media program(s).  When I use the pause function in the application, it will start playing again in 5-15 seconds (depending on the application).  I have to exit the program or unplug the headphones to stop the media from starting.

I have tried this with multiple desktop media applications (e.g. Spotify, Netflix) and multiple brands of headphones (e.g. Xiaomi, Samsung, Astra).  The same behaviour is observed in all cases.

The behaviour does not occur when there are no headphones connected or when the headphones have no inline remote.  I also tried bluetooth speakers and headphones with remote functionality and they did not display the behaviour.

At this point, I am worried it is a flaw in the jack itself.  The laptop is brand new (received less than a week ago).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

cavaughan_sea
Paper Tape
Views: 166
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga X1 (3rd Gen) - Headphones constantly initiating play command

Check out this forum where we have talked about this same issue and possible solutions.

Jack issue

Or this it's even better.

Jack driver

kalynrg
Paper Tape
Views: 157
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga X1 (3rd Gen) - Headphones constantly initiating play command

Reverting the Realtek driver to version 6.0.1.8551 worked perfectly.  Thank you very much.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors