Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anja-wunderlich
Paper Tape
Views: 1,898
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga X1 Touchscreen does not work in Windows 10

Hello

I bought a Yoga X1 last year and it was working fine until about 3 weeks ago. For unknown reasons - possibly because of some Windows 10 update or because I installed a "nightly built" of the VLC video player the touchscreen stopped working. Windows 10 could not find a driver anymore (claiming that the driver it found is not suitable for this version of windows or womething like that). Same happened with the Lenovo driver for the device from the Lenovo website. I always hat the device marked yellow and "not working properly" in the device manager. I finally found in a forum aomeone pointing to a different driver for the Xoga X1's Wacom device and installed it. Now it shows up in the Device manager without Problems, but I still have no touch functionality. I deinstalled VLC alread and updated Win 10 again - still no luck. do I need some additional driver to connect the device that is recognized in the Device manager with Windows 10 somehow? Or activate it? 

I booted from a USB rescue stick for Win 10 and there the touch functionality was ok - so its not a hardware issue!

Thank you.

anja-wunderlich
Paper Tape
Views: 1,852
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga X1 Touchscreen does not work in Windows 10

I solved it by performing the next major Update - now within windows but by manually downloading the Updater from https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/software-download/windows10 and running it. It purged all the driver conflicts, it seems.
paull
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,480
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga X1 Touchscreen does not work in Windows 10

My touchscreen recently stopped working.  I contacted Lenono under my site warranty and the tech came out and replaced the screen.  The old screen had a rather hard to see longitudinal crack, not in the top glass, but in one of the lower layers and was visible only if you held it in sunlight in a certain way.  After replacing the screen the touch function now works.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors