Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkslenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,804
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad Yoga X1 touchscreen not working after Touch Firmware Update

After performing the May 15, 2018 update, my touchscreen no longer works.  The Wavcom device in device manager is hidden and shows "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)"  I have done extensive searches in this site and in google and have not been able to find a solution.  It was working fine before the update.  

dkslenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,754
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad Yoga X1 touchscreen not working after Touch Firmware Update

Update: after a few days my touchscreen suddenly started working again. Not sure what happened but happy to have it back.
sirVili
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,419
Message 3 of 7

I got touch screen problems after the latest Windows 10 updates some weeks ago too - I delayed the May Windows packet and decided to install it now. I am not sure, if I installed some Lenovo updates too, but in any case my touch screen stopped to react to my finger taps. The pen worked but the fingers no more.

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 20FQxxxx version (Win10, 64bit)

I installed the newest Lenovo updates (drivers, bios) for the summer 2018, but the touch screen stopped to work after 10secs after the login.

Luckily I hade more user accounts for normal daily tasks and for admin tasks like installations. Because of the restricted startup app environment I found that the touch screen is still working as this admin user.

One hint: An app could cause this problem after the newest updates - compatibility problem.

And finally the reason is the original Lenovo app WRITEit that would be started when I logged in. This touchscreen app WRITEit for notes was in my original installation, but the development of this tool would be stopped some years ago. When I closed the app or killed the running background process... jippiii the touchscreen started to react correct.

I notified the problem yesterday evening and could make some tests: always when I started the app => the touchscreen problem came back. Installation of different versions of WRITEit didn't help.

SOLUTION: So the onliest solution looks to be to stop working with this LENOVO app WRITEit or use it only with pen.

Good things don't work forever ;(

lenovochobo
Punch Card
Views: 433
Message 4 of 7

I recently bought a refurbished x1 yoga 3 gen and was quite happy with it. Then I started having touch screen problems - first it seemed to be intermittent and could be sorted with a restart, then it took firmware updates. Eventually nothing. I tried rolling back to restore points before a cluster of windows update - the touch seemed to work again and I was relieved, only to find it was gone again after I left the laptop to sleep. Eventually I did a reset and reinstall. I was worried when I couldn't get the touch function back during the set up - was it a hardware problem after all? But lo and behold, I decided to fold the yoga to tablet mode, heard a little chime and touch was back. 

I've created restore points frequently as I've reinstalled my other apps including ndvia drivers for my eGPU (Aorus gaming box 1070) which for the moment works great by getting windows to update the drivers. Fingers crossed.

lenovochobo
Punch Card
Views: 384
Message 5 of 7

Update - I was 'forced' to do an update to 1803 when the Microsoft store wouldn't work. At the moment, I'm at 1803 and fingers still crossed, it seems to be ok. The eGPU also works still  though I did get a sudden shutdown a couple of times when using the USBC of the eGPU but I think that was to do with a loose connection.

lenovochobo
Punch Card
Views: 300
Message 6 of 7

Update. Touchscreen still working okay except for a brief issue when in tablet mode, the right side bar was coming into view by itself. Driver or hardware, I don't know as it's been okay since. I've seem to have lost the rotation lock - the button is greyed out. Apparently a driver issue but I'm not going to do any updates whilst I'm travelling with the machine.

Overall impressions, nice light machine (I had a TP25 before), good battery life (needed humungous extended battery pack for the TP25) and a great keyboard.

lenovochobo
Punch Card
Views: 159
Message 7 of 7

A display driver update yesterday via Vantage sorted out the rotation problem. And touch still working.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors